Where I Recently Found a MDC Signal

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

motofreak008

Where I Recently Found a MDC Signal

Post by motofreak008 »

I was at the National FFA Convention this week and I went to the career show while I was there. I stopped and played a racing game that Cub Cadet had mounted on their riding mowers. It was pretty neat. You actually steered with the mowers steering wheel. While you were driving, your "Crew Chief" would speak to you. When ever the Chief would come on I couldn't help but notice that the game used MDC signalling Pre PTT id. I have to say, I was pretty impressed that a game would actually go as far as putting something like that on a game.
I know this off topic, but I found it neat and thought you would too.
Andre
Batboard $upporter

Re: Where I Recently Found a MDC Signal

Post by Andre »

They wanted to be like NASCAR
Hightower

Post by Hightower »

What game was this? It'd be fun to decode the MDC and see what ID it is - maybe something like: F00D or BADD or BEEF or ACDC.... you get the picture :lol:
motofreak008

Post by motofreak008 »

I thought that would be neat too. Unfortunately, I can't remember the name of the game. It was a NASCAR race, and I am pretty sure it was programmed for Cub Cadet because the car you drove was a Cub Cadet car.
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

I had a racing game for my PS2 (well PS3 now) a while ago that had blips of it in there when the other cars would 'talk' to you, altho I never did bother to decode it. There was another Los Angelos Based game that had Modat in it. (Well it sorta sounded like modat, but you could tell what it was meant to be).
Napalm

Post by Napalm »

So whats the current NASCAR game for the PC? I played NASCAR for the PC back in the day on my old Pentium 60 :D
n1das

Post by n1das »

Hightower wrote:What game was this? It'd be fun to decode the MDC and see what ID it is - maybe something like: F00D or BADD or BEEF or ACDC.... you get the picture :lol:
I've used DEAD as an MDC ID before. :lol:
David Sterrett
Nashua, NH
Ham [HA] = N1DAS (2/1984)
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)
mr.syntrx

Post by mr.syntrx »

F0AD ftw
Rayjk110
Banned

Post by Rayjk110 »

Which radios can have 'F' in the MDC field? Most that I've tried won't allow it. I think I had a Systems Saber that would accept BEEF.
n1das

Post by n1das »

Rayjk110 wrote:Which radios can have 'F' in the MDC field? Most that I've tried won't allow it. I think I had a Systems Saber that would accept BEEF.
I think the first digit can't be F and the highest first digit allowed is D. IIRC, DEEE was the highest value allowed. It should accept BEEF as an ID.

DEAF should also work. :lol:
David Sterrett
Nashua, NH
Ham [HA] = N1DAS (2/1984)
GMRS [ZA] = KAE9013 (12/1992)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”