HT1250 codeplug version

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

IMBEJames

HT1250 codeplug version

Post by IMBEJames »

Hi all,

I tried programming a couple HT1250's tonight and ran into an issue... I read and edited the codeplug info from one radio, saved it, and wrote it back to the radio no problem. I have a second radio which I tried to write the same codeplug to, but ran into the "One or more features are not supported by the target radio" error message.

Here's the funny part though; the codeplug is from an identical radio with the same model number and firmware. They are both H25KDF9AA5AN with R05.13.09. The only difference I can see looking in the Radio Information - Tracking Info in CPS 06.10.02 is that the codeplug version in one radio is 1.11 and is 1.07 in the other.

Can this cause my issue and if so, is there a way to upgrade the codeplug version?
James Eslinger

York, Maine
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: HT1250 codeplug version

Post by escomm »

I don't know what the cause is but I had a similar issue.

Customer has a fleet of 65 CDM1550LS+, one ended up taking a dump 2 weeks after the install, Motorola exchanged it under the 30 day return plan. New radio came in, exact same model etc as the rest, but with the exact same error as you: One or more features is not supported blah blah blah.

I called post sales, they went "duhhhhhhhhhh" like they usually do, and I ended up having to build the LTR sites from scratch instead of cloning the radios.

Never seen anything like it before, sure hope I don't see it again... :evil:
IMBEJames

Post by IMBEJames »

rrgh. That's encouraging....

do you know if there is a way to upgrade the codeplug version? I thought it was just dependent on the firmware/CPS in question.

I may try the firmware upgrade tool again on both just to see if anything changes, but I'm not too optimistic.

Fortunately, these are my radios, not a customer's.
James Eslinger

York, Maine
IMBEJames

Post by IMBEJames »

Well, no luck with the firmware. The codeplug version is the same still, and I am running into the same issues.

Any other thoughts?
James Eslinger

York, Maine
com501
What radios do you own?: Over 50 - All Motorola

Post by com501 »

Look at the ORIGINAL date for the codeplug. Is it by chance January 2009? The flashtool at MotoMex is sometimes sending out radios with an invalid date in that field. I have had good success just reflashing these radios with the newest flash again and moving on...
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Ancient thread bump going on here but I have run into this problem today. I lifted an old 3.whatever FW to the latest and it blanked the codeplug back to CHANNEL 1 default. I tried hitting it with a codeplug from newer unit but same firmware. I get the cannot program features not compatible blah, blah, blah...

Has anyone come up with a fix or do I have to hand enter the entire codeplug data?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

My original problem related to an old DPN file being loaded. There was no work around except to build a codeplug after reading from that particular DPN file. Or getting the depot to reload the current DPN file.
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

I'm not familiar with what a DPN file is but I guess I'm in the same boat. I ended up hand entering all the data. I wonder why they refer to drag and drop in the help file if it actually doesn't work?
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Neither was I... their description was that it was basically the OS for the radio. Even the original codeplug from the radio with the same serial wouldn't go back in. Of course it couldn't be a radio that had only 1 LTR site and 5 repeaters :D
mancow
Batboard $upporter

Post by mancow »

Yep, that's the exact same situation here. The original codeplug no longer worked.

At least now I know that it is what it is and there's no fix. Thanks for the info.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”