Vertex on MOL

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

twowaytekk

Vertex on MOL

Post by twowaytekk »

I knew it was a matter of time, but it still seem wierd to see M advertising the Vertex VXR-7000 on MOL. I wonder how long until it is NLA.

Mark
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Vertex on MOL

Post by escomm »

I saw the spec sheet but no catalog information. I wonder if someone goofed?
twowaytekk

Post by twowaytekk »

The software is there as well.

Mark
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:I saw the spec sheet but no catalog information. I wonder if someone goofed?
No goof...Motorola decided to use the Vertex in lieu of designing a new analog-only low tier repeater offering to replace the GR series. They had announced it at the roadshow in Toronto a couple of weeks ago.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

wavetar wrote:
escomm wrote:I saw the spec sheet but no catalog information. I wonder if someone goofed?
No goof...Motorola decided to use the Vertex in lieu of designing a new analog-only low tier repeater offering to replace the GR series. They had announced it at the roadshow in Toronto a couple of weeks ago.
Ahhhh, OK-- makes sense now. My roadshow (Phoenix) is not until November 18-19.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

escomm wrote:
wavetar wrote:
Ahhhh, OK-- makes sense now. My roadshow (Phoenix) is not until November 18-19.
The Toronto show was really good. Lots of news on upcoming TRBO capabilities, including repeater linking with "IP Site Connect" (by end of '08), Scholer-Johnson LTR/Passport boards for analog trunking (Q1 '09 I think) and two levels of digital TRBO trunking...first out will be basic LTR style digital trunking with no controller, called "Capacity Plus". Set to be released 1st half of '09. A maximum of 8 voice & 8 data slots will be supported. No priority or queing since there's no controller. Field radios will be upgradeable via free firmware on MOL. The repeaters will require the firmware to be purchased to be made trunking capable...about $1k per repeater is what I understand.

Full SmartNet style digital trunking with controller set to be released before the end of '09. Support for up to 30 voice slots.

A TRBO conversion kit is coming out to enable any MTR2000 to be TRBO capable. They also mentioned a future replacement for the MTR2000, referred to at the show as the MTR3000.

800MHz analog SmartNet capable XPR field radios are supposed to be released second half of '09, I believe. These will replace the MTX850/8250 eventually.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
elkbow

Post by elkbow »

i noticed the vertex repeater software was under my software area, weird
NickH

Post by NickH »

wavetar wrote: The Toronto show was really good. Lots of news on upcoming TRBO capabilities, including repeater linking with "IP Site Connect" (by end of '08), Scholer-Johnson LTR/Passport boards for analog trunking (Q1 '09 I think) and two levels of digital TRBO trunking...first out will be basic LTR style digital trunking with no controller, called "Capacity Plus". Set to be released 1st half of '09. A maximum of 8 voice & 8 data slots will be supported. No priority or queing since there's no controller. Field radios will be upgradeable via free firmware on MOL. The repeaters will require the firmware to be purchased to be made trunking capable...about $1k per repeater is what I understand.

Full SmartNet style digital trunking with controller set to be released before the end of '09. Support for up to 30 voice slots.

A TRBO conversion kit is coming out to enable any MTR2000 to be TRBO capable. They also mentioned a future replacement for the MTR2000, referred to at the show as the MTR3000.

800MHz analog SmartNet capable XPR field radios are supposed to be released second half of '09, I believe. These will replace the MTX850/8250 eventually.
Sounds like some great stuff coming up... Too bad I have to wait till December for Philly.
VMAN
New User

Post by VMAN »

Are Motorola dealers now Vertex dealers too? Or do Motorola dealers only sell certain Vertex models????
wkr518

Post by wkr518 »

VMAN wrote:Are Motorola dealers now Vertex dealers too? Or do Motorola dealers only sell certain Vertex models????
I don't think the Vertex stuff actually automatically comes into a Motorola dealers list of products to resell ( M calls it a channel).
But Vertex HQ in CA AFAIK is now staffed by Motorolan types in the mgmt positions at least.
They have not really said to us Motorola dealers " to go sell Vertex stuff " now that they bought thier LMR line.
I was kinda suprised to see the VXR-7000 spec sheet pop up on MOL myself.Then I remembered,oh it is there to fill void of GR1225 desktop repeaters that Motorola left after it was cancelled.
nothing

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”