To newly registered users: Welcome! Please read...

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

akardam

To newly registered users: Welcome! Please read...

Post by akardam »

We've had quite a few new users join the board recently, and I'd like to extend our welcome and also some helpfull hints to those of you who are new members of the community.

First off, let me encourage you to become familiar with how the board works and with the rules before you start interacting with the community. Please read through the Announcements & News forum and the FAQs in the Rules forum. Spend some time browsing the forums and reading about things that may interest you (I'm assuming there is because otherwise you wouldn't be here). Doing so helps avoid circumstances where you may become frustrated or angry because things aren't working as you expected, and helps reduce the workload of those of us (see below) who run the board. It definitely contributes to our positive mental health... :)

The board is maintained by a group of administrators and moderators. If you have any questions or are unsure about some aspect of participating in the community, please ask. We'll do our best to answer the question in a timely manner.

Please remember to be kind and courteous to your fellow board members. We've a wide range of people here from many different walks of life, of course with many different thoughts and opinions.

We encourage participation versus spectatorship. If someone has a question and you know the answer or have something relevant to contribute, do so! On the other hand, keep in mind that although we offer a resource for board members to be able to buy from, sell to, and trade with other board members, that's not the prime reason this place exists, and if your main intention is to hock your wares, this probably isn't the place for you.

Although we realize that searching the board can be a daunting task both for technical reasons and due to the large amount of information, please do your best to try and find out if your technical question has been answered in another thread before posting a new thread of your own. Trying to figure things out on your own makes everybody's experience more pleasant and reduces the likelihood that you'll get an infamous "RTFM!" response.

We've seen a lot of new members from overseas. We welcome your involvement, but we want to make sure that you understand that discussions on the board take place in english, and it is incumbent upon those of you who are not primarily english speakers to be especially careful when composing your messages, so that other board members may be able to effectively communicate with you. This is absolutely not intended as a disparagement, but realize that we can only help you if we're able to understand you.

In the end, the board exists to expand the body of knowledge about Motorola radios and related technologies, and we hope you will both contribute to, as well as get a lot out of, our community, and most importantly enjoy yourself in the process.

Thanks,
akardam
wavetar
Administrator

Re: To newly registered users: Welcome! Please read...

Post by wavetar »

I've opened this announcement up to allow 'newly registered users' to reply in the thread, specifically for the ones that may not be so 'new' anymore.

As you may or may not know, there is no automatic trigger to move 'newly registered users' over to 'registered users' based on time, or post count, etc. It needs to be done manually. As I read through or approve posts from new users, I have been changing their status based loosely on time served & post count.

Obviously, I don't view everybody's posts on a daily basis. If you feel you've 'done your time' as a newly registered user & are tired of waiting for your posts to be approved before being viewed, let us know in this thread, and chances are, we'll get you moved over!

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
radrat
New User

Post by radrat »

Hey everyone newb here!!! :)
Does anyone know the timeframe for when a newb can post things for sale or trade?
More importantly Im looking for someone with some programming expertise to program a HMN4044E to work with a W9 Motorola Astro Consolette. I have reached my knowledge limit when it comes to programming, time to reach out for a chance to learn more :)
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

radrat wrote:Hey everyone newb here!!! :)
Does anyone know the timeframe for when a newb can post things for sale or trade?
More importantly Im looking for someone with some programming expertise to program a HMN4044E to work with a W9 Motorola Astro Consolette. I have reached my knowledge limit when it comes to programming, time to reach out for a chance to learn more :)
Hi radrat,

As I say above, there are no hard & fast rules, and no auto-triggers in place. Essentially once you've been here say 3-6 months without issue, send us a PM and we'll look at moving you into the 'registered users' group which gives access to the for sale forums. If there are members in good standing who can vouch for you, we could make it happen faster. That's pretty much the guideline. In the meantime, post any of your technical questions in the applicable forum, and pop in often to read through new posts...you never know when you might be able to offer assistance!
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

radrat
New User

Post by radrat »

Awesome! Thanks wavetar!
hb9001
New User

Post by hb9001 »

HOW DO I POST A NEW TOPIC OR WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN THE FOR SALE?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

hb9001 wrote:HOW DO I POST A NEW TOPIC OR WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN THE FOR SALE?
As a newly registered user, your posts will not appear until approved by someone on the moderator/admin team. Also, as a newly registered user, you cannot post in the for sale forum. This is because the board primarily serves as a technical resource for the membership, with the for sale forum being a secondary function. We want to encourage people to join for the primary purpose of technical assistance, not solely for hocking their wares.

As I outlined in the few posts above, there are no hard & fast rules, nor any auto-triggers in place to promote someone to a fully registered user. It's a manual procedure, and so is handled on a case-by-case basis. Again, as said above, essentially once you've been here say 3-6 months without issue, send us a PM and we'll look at moving you into the 'registered users' group which gives access to the for sale forums. If there are members in good standing who can vouch for you, we could make it happen faster.

My best advice in the meantime, post any of your technical questions in the applicable forum, and pop in often to read through new posts...you never know when you might be able to offer assistance!

Wowbagger
Aeroflex

Post by Wowbagger »

hb9001 wrote:HOW DO I POST A NEW TOPIC OR WHAT I AM LOOKING FOR IN THE FOR SALE?
You should also learn how to use those funny keys on either side of your keyboard labeled "shift", and the funny key labeled "Caps Lock".

TYPING IN ALL CAPS IS LIKE SHOUTING - IT"S RUDE AND PEOPLE DON'T LIKE IT!
This is my opinion, not Aeroflex's.

I WILL NOT give you proprietary information. I make too much money to jeopardize my job.

I AM NOT the Service department: You want official info, manuals, service info, parts, calibration, etc., contact Aeroflex directly, please.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Be aware, if you can't be bothered to read my guidelines in this thread, and you PM me requesting access to the For Sale forum with a week old account and virtually no posts, I likely won't answer.

e911
What radios do you own?: XTS3000, Icom V82, Icom U82

Post by e911 »

Thanks for providing a great resource for Moto information. I got my first moto radio and it has been an interesting experience. Glad to be a member of the board, just wish it didn't take so long for posts to get approved :( but totally understand why. Darn spammers/junk dealers..
RIP Brothers Tim McCormick (24) and Cody Medley (22)
EOW 02/16/2013
Indianapolis Emergency Medical Services
Killed while on duty by a distracted driver
jasong224

Post by jasong224 »

wavetar wrote:I've opened this announcement up to allow 'newly registered users' to reply in the thread, specifically for the ones that may not be so 'new' anymore.

As you may or may not know, there is no automatic trigger to move 'newly registered users' over to 'registered users' based on time, or post count, etc. It needs to be done manually. As I read through or approve posts from new users, I have been changing their status based loosely on time served & post count.

Obviously, I don't view everybody's posts on a daily basis. If you feel you've 'done your time' as a newly registered user & are tired of waiting for your posts to be approved before being viewed, let us know in this thread, and chances are, we'll get you moved over!

Todd

While my post count may be lacking in comparison to some, I have been a member since 2008 and have no interest is disobeying any of the forum rules. Would you please consider moving me to the "Registered Users" group? I greatly appreciate the info and guidance I have already received here, I just wish it was a more readily accessible resource.

Thank you,
Jason
Java
What radios do you own?: Astro, XTS, XTL, WARIS

Post by Java »

Hello, sorta new here. I'm still in purgatory or limbo. This is a chill site with lots of good & helpful information.
73 k6d®®
Java
southerngent
New User

Post by southerngent »

Hello everyone...name is wade..new to this..just trying to get some info on an old motorola radio/telephone i found..probably need someone to point me in right direction please.Have a great day....GOD BLESS
arvetus
New User

Post by arvetus »

Hi,
New to the forum here. Got word of the site through a friend and author over at repeater-builder.com.
Looking for suitcase info (i.e. someone with a suitcase) to help with a PURC 5000 to get programed for amateur. We are trying to get a secondary 2m repeater around to expand our coverage for ARES events here in East Texas due to the hurricane evacs from the coast.

Thanks!
KI4LTX

Post by KI4LTX »

Joined in 2007. Still in holding pen. Could someone let me out of my cage?

Thanks!

John
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

KI4LTX wrote:Joined in 2007. Still in holding pen. Could someone let me out of my cage?

Thanks!

John
Done!

JimS
New User

Post by JimS »

Hi, I've posted an occasional question (Thanks for the answers/replies!). Is the "door still open?" Jim S
BRAVO0122
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K 3K 5K ASM ASP M-RK/PA

Post by BRAVO0122 »

Could someone let me out of my cage?
:)
David
docred
What radios do you own?: semaphore flags (digital).

Post by docred »

I too would like to know who I could apply for upgrade to.

Tim Durkin
N3LQK
Medical Director - Albuquerque Mountain Rescue
Definite real person not spam bot.
BRAVO0122
What radios do you own?: XTS2.5K 3K 5K ASM ASP M-RK/PA

Post by BRAVO0122 »

Can not post or reply on "Equipment For Sale/Wanted/Trade"
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

BRAVO0122 wrote:Can not post or reply on "Equipment For Sale/Wanted/Trade"
Yes...and if you've read through the thread, you should understand why.

sreaves

Post by sreaves »

Hello,

I fall into the "newly registered" users and I wonder if it might be possible to be elevated to non moderation status. The reason I ask for this is I like you host a users group (mine is the LeCroy_Owners_Group on Yahoo! Groups) and wonder if that in itself is qualification enough to have a change in status. My group is moderated but I don't review each and every post before it is posted because as a technical group I have had very few issues and when I do it is usually some spammer and I ban him from the group when that happens and that is that.

In any event I do appreciate you taking the time to consider my request and I will try and contribute when I can.

All the Best.

Sam
W3OHM
Moderator and Owner - Independedent - LeCroy_Owners_Group
KF5LSC
What radios do you own?: APX7000 / small fleet of XTS5K

Post by KF5LSC »

Hello,

I have been a registered user since March of this year. I know that I have not made many posts, mainly because I have been too busy reading and learning about things before I go off and ask a silly question. Can I be moved to the "Registered Users" group?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

I've promoted a number of members who posted in this thread to 'registered users'. There are a few I did not, based on very few posts or time served.

jamesm172
What radios do you own?: XTS 3000 / XTS 5000 / AS III

Post by jamesm172 »

Hi everyone,

I've been here since February of 2010, and although I rarely post (large amount of information on this board and still learn something new every day!) could I be moved as well?
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

jamesm172 wrote:Hi everyone,

I've been here since February of 2010, and although I rarely post (large amount of information on this board and still learn something new every day!) could I be moved as well?
Done. Enjoy.

goblue

Post by goblue »

I would like to request that I be moved to registered user, I believe I have been "registered for a year or two, but it take awhile for my post to appear.

Thanks
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

goblue wrote:I would like to request that I be moved to registered user, I believe I have been "registered for a year or two, but it take awhile for my post to appear.

Thanks
Done!

irishlad

Post by irishlad »

Hey Wavetar,

I was hoping to get welcomed fully into the family too :) Can you unlock the privileges? Thanks guys.
alexmc

Post by alexmc »

Hi Wavetar,
I would also like to be moved to the registered users group. I don't post a lot but I have been a member for a few years and regularly visit the forum.
I'd like the be able to post in the Equipment For Sale forum.

Thanks
Majorkc

Post by Majorkc »

hello everyone,

I've been around on and off for an bit mainly for the xts 3k advice that I've found on here. Finally getting around to seeing where I can give my input.
RF1
New User

Post by RF1 »

I am a relatively new registered user. I am looking for a VHF AstroTac receiver I need for a customer of mine. I am not looking to sell something but rather make a post under Wanted. Do I have to wait months to have this happen?
Thanks,
Ed
philsussman
New User

Post by philsussman »

Howdy,

I have been online here since 2007. Generally I read, but not much in the
way of posting. Still I see that I'm still in the "New User" catagory.

Can I be released for time served?

Thanks,

Phil
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

I would like to stop in and say Hi and feel welcome here, I have had some interaction with a few members and they have been nothing but helpful. Thank you! I had a membership here a long while back I am thinking 2007-2008 or 09 or a bit earlier:) , for the life of me I couldn't remember my username and hence setup a new account. I don't recall if when I last logged in on my old username if I was a new user or not, but anyways........(digressing) sp?. The mountain of information available here is great, I have learned much from this website. To those of you who have contributed to it, thank you!

I will mainly be looking for information on programing equipment and software for the HT series of /\/\ radios.

Thanks Guys!
sladeltd
New User

Post by sladeltd »

Old Newbie here. I had an account a few years back but dropped that email account and want to get back into the swing of things. I would be glad to impart some knowledge concerning P25 trunking systems and hopefully learn a lot too!
V188
New User
What radios do you own?: Astro Spectra, XTS, Kenwood

Post by V188 »

Well I'm a newby registrant, but a many month lurker. I've got a few issues with some of my xts3000, so I thought I should join. Lots of knowledge here.
nukedude
What radios do you own?: Many Motorola's

Post by nukedude »

Big time lurker here. But the DoD let me out of the cage finally. So now coming into the light. Have used many types and platforms of Motorola radio equipment and mobile data terminals. Own a lot as well. Look forward to being a bit more active in here.

If anyone knows any good uses for MW-300 F5030A mobile data terminals running Windows CE 2.12, you might become my new best friend.

Saved a couple MW-800's, a MW-520 and a hand full of Astro Saber radios from the scrap heap recently.

Thank you for having me on the site.
adamdavis43040
New User

Post by adamdavis43040 »

Wondering if I could be moved over to a "regular" member. Thanks for the consideration!

Adam
chits
New User

Post by chits »

Hello everyone newbie here!!! Many thanks :)
qwert77
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1250, XTS2500, XTS5000, XPR

Post by qwert77 »

I have been a member here since 2010. I do a lot of reading and have not really gotten to the level of knowledge to post to much on here.

Hoping I could get off the new member list.

Thanks,

Ted
tony3420
New User

Post by tony3420 »

Hello,
New to group trying to get info on Motorola equipment.
Thanks
armstrong.ra
New User
What radios do you own?: XTS/XTL

Post by armstrong.ra »

New User here. I am glad to be part of the group! I am looking for the right location to find schematics on the Centracom Gold Elite boards, specifically the Auxiliary board. I apologize if there is already a thread about this. Thanks!
kem554991
New User

Post by kem554991 »

I would like to request that I be moved into the Registered Users group. I haven't been able to post much but I have absorbed plenty of useful information here and I'd like to get to the point that I can give some back!
Motorola HT1250 III UHF, Motorola MT2000 III VHF, Motorola MTS2000 I UHF, Motorola Radius m120 VHF, 2x Motorola Radius P200 UHF, Radio Shack PRO-2018, Uniden BCD996XT x2
shanebohannan
New User

Post by shanebohannan »

trying to post on general board
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

shanebohannan wrote:trying to post on general board
As you have likely noted by now, new users require their posts to be approved by a mod/admin before they show up.

Diogynes
New User

Post by Diogynes »

I am a new user to this board. I used to be a bench tech at a couple of MSS and a GESS shops back in the 1980s in the days of the Motrack, Micor, Master Exec, Master II, and Phoenix lines. We also worked on a lot of Progress Line and Aerotron tube equipment. I've worked in telecomm for one of the major companies for the past 30 years. I'm not sure if I have a lot to offer the membership, but I'd like the chance to participate if I could have the posting restriction lifted.

Thanks,
Bob
cbroseinak

Post by cbroseinak »

I would like to post a WTB. Need to find out if anyone has some old but working Telemobile equipment.
19dabird41
New User

Post by 19dabird41 »

Thanks for the welcome. Having just joined I assume all will happen in due time. I know I don't understand the rules yet so I'll just shut up & watch. Except for a note to ARVETUS on his quest for programming a PURC5000. The PURC was a paging version of the radio. There are two others and you'll want to determine which one you have as they take different progrmming methods. One is software driven and one is EPROMs. I'm looking for the same thing in florida for a friend. let me know what you find. Mediator: hope I didn't break any rules..If so please let me know.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

cbroseinak wrote:I would like to post a WTB. Need to find out if anyone has some old but working Telemobile equipment.
3 years & 40 posts...no problem.

KC9MDQ
What radios do you own?: Motorola,Vertex, Kenwood

Post by KC9MDQ »

I have lost so many hours here that it is ridiculous . . . .and that was even before I was a member. I thought Batlabs was great with all of the resources there, until I started perusing the and that just blew me away ! If I can ever get my MSF-5000 up on the air, I know where to come if I have trouble with it. I'll probably need a translator to "dumb down" some of the technical commentary. . . .lol.