SMA port cover, JEDI and XTS

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

PsyberEMT
What radios do you own?: APX/XPR/SL/Hytera/Globalstar

SMA port cover, JEDI and XTS

Post by PsyberEMT »

I've searched and banged my head on my desk (multiple times mind you). I'm looking for a part number for the little oft-lost plastic cover doohickey for the MTS2000 and XTS5000 SMA antenna port when its left open when using a public safety mic. Our PSMs for the XTS5000's came with one, and how people are losing them is...well...nevermind... we're medics. We could break a 2x4 if left on the truck long enough. Where can I get a supply of these for both radios? (MTS2k and XTS5k?)

Thanks in advance.
"Never do anything you wouldn't want to have to explain to the paramedics!" --- Anonymous
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: SMA port cover, JEDI and XTS

Post by FireCpt809 »

3205514W01 is what you are looking for.

XTS5000's Use an RF adapter with a PS mic so you shouldnt need it.
PsyberEMT

Post by PsyberEMT »

Many thanks!
"Never do anything you wouldn't want to have to explain to the paramedics!" --- Anonymous
PsyberEMT

Post by PsyberEMT »

Grrr, from what I found on MOL, that P/N is for the accessory cover, I'm looking for the cap that covers the antenna port when the antenna isn't present...I may not have been 100% clear in my requesnt, my apologies.
Terry_Glover

Post by Terry_Glover »

I've never seen any OEM Motorola Jedi/XTS caps for that purpose. Maybe some aftermarket offerings, but I've never seen any of those either...
Terry
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Post by FireCpt809 »

This is right off the main Batlabs site. Under Jedi radios HT1000's ect...

"If you are using the Public Safety speaker microphone with a supported HT1000, you might want to order part number 3205514W01. This is the cover that should protect the antenna connector on the radio."

I know for certain we had them when we had UHF HT1000's with the PSM with the external antenna. When we bought the Mics from M the cover came with the mic.
PsyberEMT

Post by PsyberEMT »

Unfortunately, thats the P/N for the accessory port cover / seal, not the antenna port cover, there have been a few threads in the past discussing it. None produced an answer with the correct part number tho :(

i.e.: http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... 3205514W01
rc50won
What radios do you own?: Don't ask my wife.

Post by rc50won »

I just bought a couple of RF Adapter Kits, NTN8327B, and lo and behold screwed into the top of the RF Adapter is the thingy you are referring to. There is a spacing washer and what looks like a large flat head screw that threads perfectly into the SMA antenna port. Hate to say it but the documentation that came in the box does not list the washer and screw separately. However, the RF Adapter and these pieces came inside a plastic bag that lists P/N 4005825Z01.

Marshall
PsyberEMT

Post by PsyberEMT »

Yeah, thats the new model, we still have a few of those unlost LOL. The older ones werent so fancy. They were just plastic caps that kinda snapped onto the SMA port. I can't remember the last round of PSMs i got having any in them, but then again it's been quite a while since I ordered any.
Will

Post by Will »

Seems the plastic caps were used with the MT1000, HT600, P200, radios. They would fit the Jedi series also.
PsyberEMT

Post by PsyberEMT »

*Loud sound of cheering crowd in the background*!!! Will's post got me thinking to search for other models for the same part, I mean most M connectors are the same anyway, finally found an old post on radioreference that had it listed, for those that are also looking, you're looking for the 3205782P01. Comes in packs of 5. 8)

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”