MTS2000 Weird Error Code

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n5api

MTS2000 Weird Error Code

Post by n5api »

I've got a VHF MTS2000 showing an error code of 9/10. I've never heard of this one before, and can't find any reference to it in the usual places. Does anyone know what this means? The radio seems to work ok, except that plays a beep similar to the self-test beep on transmit.

Thanks,
John, N5API
fire_master_21
Batboard $upporter
What radios do you own?: Motorola/Kenwood

Re: MTS2000 Weird Error Code

Post by fire_master_21 »

Have you used the search feature on this board? This has been cover many times and should produce many results.
Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Well, the use of the common word "error" brings up over 6000 matches when using search. However, there were several 09/10 threads on the very first page of results. Basically, your radio thinks it has an encryption board in it, but it doesn't...or it's fried if you do. Just go into the radio RSS or CPS and under the secure settings uncheck "hardware equipped" or similar & the error will go away.

Todd
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
n5api

Post by n5api »

I did a search through Google, since the search engine on this board has issues. I don't know how the secure option got checked, but that was the issue.

Thanks,
John
The Pager Geek
What radios do you own?: Disney FRS

Post by The Pager Geek »

Secure module failure...

IE: If you DON'T have a secure module in it, you must disable it in the CPS/RSS, otherwise the radio looks for it and doesn't see it = 09/10
IF you DO have a secure module in it, the radio doesn't see it.

tpg
Experienced Provider of Useless Information

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”