HT1550 Side Buttons

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jclendenen158
What radios do you own?: XTL2500, XTS5000

HT1550 Side Buttons

Post by jclendenen158 »

My HT1550 is about 5 months old, but ever since I got it the bottom two side buttons have not worked properly; you have to push on them fairly hard to get them to make contact. It's almost like they are worn out, but the radio is brand new.
Is this a problem with the buttons themselves or the contacts?

Also, I noticed on the newer HT1250's that the side buttons click when pressed and are a lot easier to use. Is there a way to achieve this on the HT1550?
Radio Crazy
What radios do you own?: All FPP

Re: HT1550 Side Buttons

Post by Radio Crazy »

They are probably not seated right on the board, you can pop them off with a thin screw driver and look to see if the push buttons are seated right in the housing, if not you will have to open up the radion chassis and reseat it right. Good luck
ai4ui
was kf4pxz

Post by ai4ui »

If its only 5 months old then it is probably still under warranty. You may want to take it in and have it repaired so you don't void the warranty.
Wyrd bið ful ãræd, Fate is inexorable...
jclendenen158

Post by jclendenen158 »

Okay, I will look into it. Thanks.

As for my other question, is there any way to get the buttons to click like the newer HT1250's? I just really like the tactile feedback it provides.
werdnuts
Batboard $upporter

Post by werdnuts »

Uhh... by any chance did you check the times for short and long press???? It might not be a contact issue, it might be that short press is set for a long time or they are only set up for long press. If so, it would give the impression of not working.

Worth checking before taking anything apart.
-werdnuts

VoIP# BAT-CRAP (2727)
jclendenen158

Post by jclendenen158 »

No, it's not short or long press times. This only happens on the bottom two side buttons; every other button works fine on short press.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”