CDM's Freezing up

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Winger2002

CDM's Freezing up

Post by Winger2002 »

I've had a bad power supply that I assume has been sending funky voltage. I have replace the ps, but I've managed to kill 3 cdms, one being a 1550. After resting for an hour or so, they will all turn on, but half an hour after that they freeze up. The buttons don't work and they wont tx or rx, but the display is still on. If you unplug them and plug them back in right away they are stone dead, if you let them rest for a while they will come back to life. I'm not getting any errors. I have heard of someone with this issue flashing the radio and it brings it back, any thoughts?
Mikey
What radios do you own?: CDM1550 LS+, HT1250, MCS2000

Re: CDM's Freezing up

Post by Mikey »

I had this happen to a CDM1550LS+, it would set there and beep at me for like 30 minutes then would come on and look like it was going to work but all the buttons on the control head would respond. Sent it back to Motorola and they replaced the control head and "restored the codeplug to factory" and it seems to be working now. Couldn't tell you if it was a bad control head or a corrupt code plug though, maybe both.
jims123
New User
What radios do you own?: HT1250,750.cdm750.1250 1550XT2

Post by jims123 »

Trun radio off remove all power,, trun off power supply.. removed control head and top cover inspect J0401 it may have cold solder join at this location or replace this connector, if you need parts number I can get this to you...
GreatBambino2
New User

Post by GreatBambino2 »

Has anyone else had any more issues similar to this? I am dealing with what sounds like an identical problem.
GreatBambino2
New User

Post by GreatBambino2 »

I just reflashed and updated the firmware on my CDM1550 and it doesn't seem to have helped anything.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”