MTS2000 flashcode

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ziki
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola MTS2000 III

MTS2000 flashcode

Post by ziki »

Trough reading http://batlabs.com/flash.html I still can't understand flashcoding. I have got pair of two MTS2000 III and I want to buy another, but I afraid if I can get the new piece working with the rest. Is difficult to change fashcode?
How can I change it?

Thank you for your suggestions.
I ♥ /\/\otorola
DPL

Re: MTS2000 flashcode

Post by DPL »

For radios like that, you're probably going to have to get Motorola to do it if you need the flash code changed. The easiest way to figure out what the radio is capable of is to use an online flash decoder like http://www.akardam.net/moto/tools/decode3.pl. If you are just trying to use the radios in conventional mode (i.e., not on a trunking system), you really don't have to worry about what is in the flash. If you are trying to use extra features like MDC1200, then the radios all need to be flashed for it (you will see something about "Stat-Alert" or MDC1200 in the flash code).
ziki
New User
What radios do you own?: Motorola MTS2000 III

Post by ziki »

Thank you very much pal! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I don't want to build any trunk system or whatever. I just wanna program the same frequencies on all my radios to make them all talk-usable between each other.
¨¨¨¨
BTW: Really nice family of MTS2000s you've got! .)
I ♥ /\/\otorola
n7maq
What radios do you own?: Mocom 70 w/scan!!

Post by n7maq »

ziki wrote:Thank you very much pal! That's exactly what I wanted to know. I don't want to build any trunk system or whatever. I just wanna program the same frequencies on all my radios to make them all talk-usable between each other.
¨¨¨¨
BTW: Really nice family of MTS2000s you've got! .)
With newer CPS you can do a top level drag and drop, or if the flashcodes match a clone.

Jim
Mfire39
What radios do you own?: APX

Post by Mfire39 »

DPL wrote:If you are trying to use extra features like MDC1200, then the radios all need to be flashed for it (you will see something about "Stat-Alert" or MDC1200 in the flash code).
Just a friendly FYI because I've seen this come up a bunch in the past,

Basic MDC is Not a flashcode option on an MTS2000. It's just a menu that gets enabled or disabled, but has nothing to do with a flashcode bit.. I have an MTS with a flashcode of 000001-000000-9 which is only H35, and it does MDC encode and decode.. With the MTS's on the used market, it's the luck of the draw. Which has a lot to do with how they were originally ordered for the original customers, seing as how the MTS was a "build a feature set" type of radio. If they needed MDC, the menu got enabled, but if it was radio that was going to do nothing but operate on a trunked system, then 9 out of 10 times it wouldn't get enabled. Not saying that it can't be enabled at a later time, but basic MDC encode is definitely not a flashcode option..

-Marc
Stupidity creates job security!

If your radio has old firmware, programming it with the latest CPS will not add any new features unless you have the latest firmware to match..

CPS = Customer Programming Software, Not CPS Software.
MT2000 man
What radios do you own?: XTS5000R, Astro Saber III, I

Post by MT2000 man »

Mfire39 wrote:
DPL wrote:If you are trying to use extra features like MDC1200, then the radios all need to be flashed for it (you will see something about "Stat-Alert" or MDC1200 in the flash code).
Just a friendly FYI because I've seen this come up a bunch in the past,

Basic MDC is Not a flashcode option on an MTS2000. It's just a menu that gets enabled or disabled, but has nothing to do with a flashcode bit.. I have an MTS with a flashcode of 000001-000000-9 which is only H35, and it does MDC encode and decode.. With the MTS's on the used market, it's the luck of the draw. Which has a lot to do with how they were originally ordered for the original customers, seing as how the MTS was a "build a feature set" type of radio. If they needed MDC, the menu got enabled, but if it was radio that was going to do nothing but operate on a trunked system, then 9 out of 10 times it wouldn't get enabled. Not saying that it can't be enabled at a later time, but basic MDC encode is definitely not a flashcode option..

-Marc
Correct, I have an MTS2000 A4 with that flashcode, and CAN do full MDC1200 (including decoding the ID on the top-display screen, very cool indeed). However, I noticed that most MTS radios for sale (especially on the "Bay") have a basic trucked flashcode of 0000040000006 which will NOT do MDC. Something to keep in mind.
DPL

Post by DPL »

Wow, definitely something I did not know. Thanks for the information.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”