Siren Compatiblity Issues

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

thomsoningreen
New User
What radios do you own?: I use all of Motorola's Lines.

Siren Compatiblity Issues

Post by thomsoningreen »

I have a bunch of 1185E and 1439E model siren boxes I know they are compatible with XTL5000 W-9 and 0-5 control head radios. However we also have Astro model radios that were flashed and was wondering what model siren boxes are compatible with this radio.
The radio is a model: T04UJH9PW9AN (W-9 control head). The reason I ask is recently I had a radio that was equiped with siren and had a 1185E siren box in it and after cable replacement and trying a 1439E siren box as well we would continue to get a garbled audio problem. Now when the siren was disconnected the audio was fine. As soon as the siren was reconnected the audio would become garbled again. Also it made no difference on channel selection or the speaker, we tired that. The problem however went away as soon as I swapped out the radio with an XTL5000 with W-9 control head. Has anyone else had this issue or is aware of a model compibiltity issue with radio and siren?
Network Communications Integrator (NC)
To key or not to key, that depends on the traffic.
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Siren Compatiblity Issues

Post by jmr061 »

They should be interchangeable. Did you just swap out the drawer unit to an XTL to get it to work or did you actually change siren and/or control head cabling too.

Jason
thomsoningreen
New User
What radios do you own?: I use all of Motorola's Lines.

Re: Siren Compatiblity Issues

Post by thomsoningreen »

We used a spare xtl500 to get it working, the problem was with that 494 spectra/astro radio. This was unsual to me for I have seen this issue in the past. We did try changing the siren box as well and cabling but to no aval. It must have been something wrong with that radio. I have no idea why though. Bugs are nutty sometimes.
Network Communications Integrator (NC)
To key or not to key, that depends on the traffic.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”