Help needed with smartribs

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

dooorslammer
New User

Help needed with smartribs

Post by dooorslammer »

Hi

As esay as it seems even with the right cables ,i can,t get it to work .Hoping someone has manual to make it work on my astro spectras .I am not asking for software or any programming help just to be put on the right path .

thanks

pete
jmr061
was KB9KST

Re: Help needed with smartribs

Post by jmr061 »

Well the pc to rib cable is a standard db9 on both ends. It uses the same programming cables as the normal rib.

Are you doing programming, flashing, etc?

Jason
akardam

Post by akardam »

If you're trying to flash an Astro Spectra, you'll need a RKN4047_ flash cable. The regular programming cables won't work.
dooorslammer
New User

Post by dooorslammer »

Hi

What i am trying to do is take a codeplug from another radio which is better than the one i have ,both radios are the same ,only thing different is the
serial numbers are different .i am using areal smartrib and all the right cables ,do i clone or flash

both radios are w4 dashmounts

peter
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

So you trying to push a record with a better flashcode in by the sounds of it. Using a smart rib isn't going to help with that. Read up on S-records.

You going to need a dos machine and special rss.

Jason
MRFLASHPORT

Post by MRFLASHPORT »

dooorslammer,

Once you drop a new ''S'' Record in the radio you need to have it tuned! Or write down all your tuning settings.
MrFlashPort
HLA
What radios do you own?: HT1550's, X9000's, CDM1550's

Post by HLA »

could you explain more on how anothe codeplug is better? using a different codeplug won't update the firmware or add options to your radio. but if the model numbers and flash codes are the same you just click on clone
HLA
I never check PM's so don't bother, just email me.
I won't reply to a hotmail, gmail, aol or any other generic free address, if you want me to reply use a real address.
STOP ASKING ME FOR SOFTWARE OR FIRMWARE, I JUST FORWARD ALL OF THE REQUESTS TO THE MODERATORS

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”