Astro Spectra K-split to J-split

The General forum is where users can discuss any topic regarding Motorola communications equipment - hardware, software, etc. There are also several focused forums on this board, so please take the time to ensure that your questions doesn't fall into one of those categories before posting here!

Moderator: Queue Moderator

btrains

Astro Spectra K-split to J-split

Post by btrains »

I am trying to turn my W4 Astro Spectra K split into a W7 J-split. I have already posted for help at other sites for finding both the appropriate control boards to create a J split, as well as an S-record to change the control heads. No one seems to be able to help. I do not have sufficient permissions to post a want ad here, otherwise I would ask to find just a new W7 J-split radio.

Basically, I need a narrowband, P25, conventional radio with a range of useable P25 down to at least 139.000. Currently my radio stops P25 ability at 144, but I did hex edit it to do analog down to 139.000. Which would be easier to find: J-split radio or S-record and parts? I already have the W7 control head. In the past, people have suggested that J-split radios are easy to find. In my years of searching for one, I have never seen a J-split Astro Spectra.

Return to “General Motorola Solutions & Legacy Radio Discussion”