Quantar EPIC II Control card dip shunt values

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa6ylb

Quantar EPIC II Control card dip shunt values

Post by wa6ylb »

In the process of converting a EPIC II card to another service, I ran into the need of the S701 dip shut values for different kings of EPIC II cards. The following list below is what I could gleen from the large two binder detailed service manuals. The dip switch shunt is a one time programmed switch - its a white colored surface mount dip that is "poked" to open up a link. Its located about 65% from front to back on the control card, about 2-3 inches from the side edge of the card.
There are only 4 dips that are used and could be programmed. They are shown as pairs of pins, such as 1-16, 2-15, 7-10 and 8-9. Pins 1-16 are on the right side where there is a white trangle denoting pin 1 on the shunt. The attached pictures show a notch on the part - disreguard - the part was installed backwards which doesn't change how the part works.

Card Part # Pins 1-16 2-15 7-10 8-9
TTN 4093 out in out out
CLN6873C in in out out
CLN6960 in in in in
CLN6961 out in in in (the pictures below are of this card)
CLN6686 in in out in
CLN7361 in out in in

I need the dip shunt values for a CLN7361x Astro Tac 3000 EPIC II card. (I just found the shunt value for the CLN7361- B.)

Any help in this requard would be appreciated. I suppose I could try all 16 possible combinations (minus what is shown above), but I bet someone out there
knows this information.
B.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Switch S501 below and left of S701 also is used - Switch 1 is "on" of you have a co processor installed on the card - I have yet to find anything
that tells what the other sections of this switch do, if anything.

MattSR

Re: Quantar EPIC II Control card dip shunt values

Post by MattSR »

From a CLN7361C:-

Cheers,
Matt
wa6ylb

Post by wa6ylb »

Very good. So the only shunt cut , is the second one from the triangle symbol. The rest are in.
B.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

Yep thats correct. The picture ain't the best, (crappy iPhone wouldnt focus up close) but yes, thats correct.

That controller has the co-processor installed also.

Cheers,
Matt

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”