MSF5000 Corrupted Code Plug Help

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Dick D
New User

MSF5000 Corrupted Code Plug Help

Post by Dick D »

Our Ham Radio Club aquired an MSF5000 Base Station Model # C73CXB7106BT. I tried to change frequencies and go from simplex to repeater operation, and the error 3.28 dA0 came back. I tried to reprogram it several times with no luck. Is there anyone out there that may have information how to remedy the problem? The dA0 error code indicates "Corrupted User Area of TTRC Code Plug".
Questions: Parts availability? I have been able to come up with TVN6055A, EEPROM 12H76 Part# 5191012H76. Is this a kit? OR is it just an EEPROM. Is it preprogrammed or would it have to be programmed from scratch?
The unit was originally configured as a repeater from the factory.
Any help would be appreciated.

Dick
MassFD
Batboard $upporter

Re: MSF5000 Corrupted Code Plug Help

Post by MassFD »

Have you tryed to load a default code plug from the CPS, If you do you have to disable the options that you do not have in your station if you do not you will get errors.

I did one a few months ago after not having touched 1 in years and missed that the default CPS code plug had secure enabled. The upload would fail as the station did not have a secure board, I forget what the error mesaage was but no way was it connected with secure. Took me a day to figure it out and even duplicated the problem with a fresh CPS install, the Default code plug has secure enabled.
Cause Motorola said so that's why
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Post by Doug »

Build a new code plug with the default ones and it should clear things up
May the Schwarz be with you.
motorola_otaku

Post by motorola_otaku »

If you run into problems with the SSCB/TTRC that can't be fixed with a default codeplug, the simplest thing to do is buy one of the cheap 800 MHz MSF RF trays off Ebay and scavenge the SSCB/TTRC from it. Keep in mind, though, that if the firmware versions between the replacement and the defective board don't match, they'll need to be swapped as a pair.
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Post by Doug »

Just an FYI the 3.28 your seeing is a firmware version, just off the top of my head and glancing at it I'd say secure board version. If that's the case make sure your jumpers ju1 and ju2 are set up apropriately. JU1 in normal position with a TTRC and JU2 in the alternate position with a secure board present as well.
Doug
May the Schwarz be with you.
KB2ZTX
was jsikora

Post by KB2ZTX »

Dick - I sent our SAR codeplug to Tom not sure if it helps you guys or not.
KB2ZTX
Dick D
New User

Post by Dick D »

Jeff, I am not sure on how to reload what you sent us to the MSF. I'll try to get your contact info from Tom.
I appreciate your help, and the help of all the other folks on this network.
Dick

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”