MCC5500

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kklyberg
New User

MCC5500

Post by kklyberg »

I am trying to find a service manual or interface instructions for connecting the MCC5500 to a Non Motorola brand radio
Jim202

Re: MCC5500

Post by Jim202 »

kklyberg wrote:I am trying to find a service manual or interface instructions for connecting the MCC5500 to a Non Motorola brand radio

I think that the best answer will depend on what interface your using.

Most of the time, the simple way to interface any radio is using a tone remote. You can have either a 2 wire or a 4 wire interface. Then at the radio, you install a tone remote adapter panel. This will provide you with TX audio, RX audio, monitor and PTT.

Depending on the radio, you may have the ability to channel steer with function tones. However, this will require more than the standard single channel adapter panel. The max that Motorola normally says you can have is 8 channels or functions.

Jim
Jim202

Re: MCC5500

Post by Jim202 »

kklyberg wrote:I am trying to find a service manual or interface instructions for connecting the MCC5500 to a Non Motorola brand radio

Forgot to add that if you have an MOL account, you can download the MCC5500 install manual.

Jim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”