Flashable Quantar boards - when did this happen?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wa6ylb

Flashable Quantar boards - when did this happen?

Post by wa6ylb »

I know there was a time when Quantars came with non-flashable memory. The board part numbers changed from the typical TTN to the CLN series part number with this change over. What was the approximately date this changeover occured?
B.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Flashable Quantar boards - when did this happen?

Post by escomm »

Had to be very early on, no? There are EPIC 1s floating around with DIMMs and DRAM that will take flash upgrades, as you probably well know
wa6ylb

Post by wa6ylb »

escomm wrote:Had to be very early on, no? There are EPIC 1s floating around with DIMMs and DRAM that will take flash upgrades, as you probably well know
I know there were retro kits for these boards. As far as I can tell, the TTN series didn't come with flashable parts. Its when the part number for the board changed to CLN that flash parts were standard on these boards. I'm just trying to determine when this part number change over occured.

B.
MattSR

Post by MattSR »

EPIC II I believe.
wa6ylb

Post by wa6ylb »

MattSR wrote:EPIC II I believe.
Approximate delivery date of the EPIC II?
B.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”