Centracom II CEB Powersupply manual/question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

miken8eqd

Centracom II CEB Powersupply manual/question

Post by miken8eqd »

Hello,

I just obtained a surplus Centracom II CEB AND a matched single bay console and was able to get it to somewhat function. The CEB came with 2 card cages and one power supply. Would someone have a scanned manual that could be emailed? Or is there a good source to pick one up? Most of the manuals up in my area have been dumpstered as well as most of the CEB's.

So question, Can i plug the 2nd card cage into the existing power supply or do i need to find another supply? There is a 2nd connector right next to the connector that is used to power up one of the card cages but it is not marked the same way .

And yes i know the Centracom II has been obsolete for years lol!

Thanks Again!

Mike
d119

Re: Centracom II CEB Powersupply manual/question

Post by d119 »

Actually working with these old supplies at work today...

I'm assuming this is the HUGE BACKBREAKING UNNECESSARILY LARGE skin tearing linear power supply with the enormous heatsink that you're referring to.

I think the maximum is (3) card cages on those. I know for a fact they will support 2 cages on a single supply.

Keep in mind they are INCREDIBLE power pigs.

I'll see what I can find as far as documentation goes. You need the 4" binder for the CEB, the power supply is in there. If I can find an extra copy, I'll just send it to you media-rate for the cost of shipping.

I've got to see if I have a duplicate copy around.

Those power supplies can be chained together for redundancy, I believe... There's a multiconductor cable that plugs between them into that LARGE molex assembly inside.

FWIW, until the TPS series supplies arrived on scene, those old power supplies were used from Centracom II all the way up to the earliest Gold Elite installations. Customers that upgraded from II/II+ to Gold/Gold Elite generally kept using the old supplies.
miken8eqd

Post by miken8eqd »

Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not replying right away, been very busy with other projects.

Yes that's the power supply all right!

I plugged the 2nd card cage into the 2nd jack on the power supply and it powered up and the console is now working!

I also heard the power supply is a power hog. I will see how that goes.

I see another cable which i thought would connect to a 2nd supply.

CEb came with 6 batteries and 2 cables. I plugged 3 batteries into the power supply and would like to know what and if there is a replacement part for the batteries? Maybe it's time for me to find a manual.

thanks
mike
d119

Post by d119 »

miken8eqd wrote:Thanks for the reply.

Sorry for not replying right away, been very busy with other projects.

Yes that's the power supply all right!

I plugged the 2nd card cage into the 2nd jack on the power supply and it powered up and the console is now working!

I also heard the power supply is a power hog. I will see how that goes.

I see another cable which i thought would connect to a 2nd supply.

CEb came with 6 batteries and 2 cables. I plugged 3 batteries into the power supply and would like to know what and if there is a replacement part for the batteries? Maybe it's time for me to find a manual.

thanks
mike
Not sure. Since all of our CEB's are on building UPS at our customer locations, we just removed the batteries from the equation and don't use them. Hasn't been a problem.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”