MIP5000 with no MDC ID

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

kb1ejw
New User

MIP5000 with no MDC ID

Post by kb1ejw »

Hello All.. I am having trouble with a MIP5000 console and most any radio on our system using MDC1200. We have a MTR2000 repeater, 2 control stations both using CDM's, and all other radios are HT750, or higher, with a couple CP200's and HT1000s. I think part of the problem was the radio itself. I reprogrammed it, and the ID's returned but only for a few hours. The same radio was opening up squelch and showing a phantom signal, even with PL activated. So after a few weeks of driving the dispatchers nuts listening to static, I swapped the radio today. No more signal, and it appears the ID's are back- but not every time. I've read the following posts before:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=76291
http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=82432

All the other radios have no problems showing the IDs. Only the console is the problem. I tried on one radio moving up the pre-time from 500ms to 700ms, didn't seem to matter. I didn't install/configure the console setup, but I've read through the manuals for it, both install and supervisor. From all I can find, I have the settings right in the CSDM, the only thing I notice, is that the "NET" indicator is almost always yellow when there is any activity from any of the 8 radio channels.
The MIP5000 is on it's own dedicated LAN, just two console stations and the rack w/ radios, gateways, etc.
Since the NET is almost always yellow- would that indicate a timing issue somewhere? The Police Dept's channel always show their IDs. I was hoping it was a radio/firmware issue, as we have CDM1250's from when they first came out, and the firmware hasn't been touched on most of them. Hit or miss ID's are better then none at all I guess.
Thanks for any help
Jeremy

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”