Please help can not get 2 receiver in quantar to work

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

rfimage

Please help can not get 2 receiver in quantar to work

Post by rfimage »

I have a VHF R2 120 watt repeater Quantar and have installed a Range-2 UHF receiver in Slot 2-Have been trying for days to get UHF receiver to work
We have told config we have 2 UHF-We have set UP Scanning and well can not get to work
We are VHF with repeater PL-100 In Mixed Mode Astro CAI and have tried and tried and no luck?Who on the Board
have set up this setup-My phone is 1-702-285-3432 in Las Vegas, Nv Paul M Zeppa
If you call i will call you back or help with email info?

Regards

Paul M Zeppa
Paul M Zeppa/RF Imaging and Comm Inc
1-702-248-0414
fax 1 702-248-2645
paul@rfimage.com
xmo

Re: Please help can not get 2 receiver in quantar to work

Post by xmo »

The second receiver in a Quantar is not like a second receiver in other station models like MSF or Micor. The second receiver in those stations could be independent and function simultaneously. You could equip the station with multiple wirelines and have each receiver come down a separate line to the console.

In a Quantar the internal second receiver does not work that way. If you need those sorts of capabilities you will need to put a second independent receiver at the same site, not in the Quantar's internal option slot.

Although there are things it can't do - the Quantar second receiver implementation does some other things very well.

The second receiver option can extend your available frequency coverage - for example a range one VHF and a range two VHF receiver in the same cabinet. However, the two receivers do not have to be in the same band - you can put in whatever you want - for example your VHF and UHF combination.

Only one receiver can be active at at time. Which receiver is active is determined in the station's channel information programming. The RSS help file explains the configuration. When you have two receivers in the station you specify which one is inactive for each channel by entering a frequency of 0.000.

That's pretty much it. What you can do with the receivers is really the same as what you can do with channels. You can select channels with tone remote, with wildcard, with SAM, or you can use scan.

Availability of scan in Quantar may be require new enough firmware.
rfimage

Post by rfimage »

Is there a way to have the receivers scanning? so the quantar will scan between the 2 receivers? I was told it can do this?-There has been some hams who have been able to get both receivers working?
Not sure how thay did it? making the station to scan??-Not sure-well I have a VHF in Slot -1 and a UHF in slot 2 A TX VHF with 120 watt VHF PA- Trying to Get both receivers to work and come out on VHF TX via Internal Controller-Well maybe I was wrong and the idea will not work?
Paul M Zeppa/RF Imaging and Comm Inc
1-702-248-0414
fax 1 702-248-2645
paul@rfimage.com
edschwarz
New User

Post by edschwarz »

Paul:

This is Ed I talked to you by phone yesterday. I am trying to do almost the same set-up. I have UHF transmit and want to scan UHF and VHF receive. You said that you got this to work on your repeater. Please tell me how to program this and make it work. If I need to buy a diferent controller board I will do so. Thanks again for your help.
Ed

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”