MCC7500 Manual

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

szron
New User

MCC7500 Manual

Post by szron »

Hello!

My local communications center is in a process of acquiring MCC7500s and I'll be doing some training regarding the new consoles and new features of the system While I've already put in to the chain of command to obtain manuals from the vendor it might take a while.

Does anybody here has the MCC7500 user manuals?
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Re: MCC7500 Manual

Post by desperado »

Make sure as an admin that you get an account on MOL. IT's all there.
If you are NOT the system admin, then I would have to ask what you want with the manuals.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
szron
New User

Post by szron »

I'm not the admin (yet) :)

Because it's a statewide system I doubt there would be an admin for our department. I'm just a dude that will be helping out with the transitions.
then I would have to ask what you want with the manuals.
I'll be doing some training regarding the new consoles
I was just trying to get ahead of the game, before the right people get around to calling/emailing the vendor...
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

Well, so that there are no questions later about all this I will explain how that goes. There will be about 4 to 6 people that have access to make any changes to the system. The Admins. For everyone else it's locked down like the gold in Fort Knox. I don't mean them using 123abc for default passwords either. I mean locked down to the point that plugging into a switch gets you nothing, as the ports that are not in use are disabled in their configuration. I understand the motivation for wanting to "help". But I doubt that you will get anywhere near doing so.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
szron
New User

Post by szron »

Ok, ok... I'm not trying to change anything, hack the system, break into Fort Knox and plant NSA spyware on the consoles.

I just want some reference to start doing that completely innocent power point for the dispatcher that goes over the software and how it applies to new features of the system.
KI4M

Post by KI4M »

Ever used Gold Elites before? If so the GUI is exactly the same. So if they've used Gold Elites they will be just fine. Few subtle differences but the interface is identical.
wavetar
Administrator

Post by wavetar »

Here is a link to the MCC7500 Dispatcher user's guide. Hopefully you find it helpful.

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B4zqYU ... c3RUk/edit?
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
szron
New User

Post by szron »

Thanks a lot.

One thing though. I couldn't find anything on dynamic regroups in the manual. Does it mean that there is external software to do that? System specs say that the system is capable of that.
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

Your system owner doesn't allow DRG by users, so no need to trouble yourself.
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
sladeltd
New User

Post by sladeltd »

Many thanks for the MCC7500 guide. We are about to switch over to those from the Gold Eites and this is a huge help! Thanks wavetar!!!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”