Zetron 4010 question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

firedog359
What radios do you own?: MA/COM KMC-300,ICOM F50V

Zetron 4010 question

Post by firedog359 »

As a firefighter,my hobby is collecting vintage radios and dispatch consoles.I am looking at buying a Zetron 4010 console and the seller says it has issues.The unit powers up,the display lights up but doesn't show anything,all of the lights are on and the console beeps about once a second and none of the buttons will do anything.I have looked all over the internet and even sent an email to Zetron but they haven't responded.Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for any and all help.
Jim202

Re: Zetron 4010 question

Post by Jim202 »

firedog359 wrote:As a firefighter,my hobby is collecting vintage radios and dispatch consoles.I am looking at buying a Zetron 4010 console and the seller says it has issues.The unit powers up,the display lights up but doesn't show anything,all of the lights are on and the console beeps about once a second and none of the buttons will do anything.I have looked all over the internet and even sent an email to Zetron but they haven't responded.Anybody have any ideas as to what the problem might be? Thanks for any and all help.

You might want to just try and locate a download of the 4010 manual. It is available and is only about 3.5 meg in size.

Jim
desperado
What radios do you own?: Motorola

Post by desperado »

Wondering if it's a self contained console or a op position tied back to back room rack. I am thinking that Zetron made an op position that tied to a 4020 console system that looked like the self contained 4010.

If it is a 4010, they do still have parts for them, although not cheap, they are available.
Keith
CET USMSS
Field Tech
What more can I say
delvis
New User

Post by delvis »

First step is to download the consoles configuration. Then verify operation.
Delvis Javier CET Sr
Vizwar

Post by Vizwar »

I'm pretty sure that, as of last year anyway, the 4010 is still in production.

Call Zetron sales and provide them the serial number. They should be able to tell if it's really a 4010, which is a standalone console, or if it's the button/LED position (4011?) for the Series 4000 which uses backroom equipment to function. The two look identical on the outside.
Bigred
What radios do you own?: Junk that comes and goes...

Post by Bigred »

The 4010 has a back-up battery to hold the configuration data. If it goes you loose it all and the console either displays an error message or just plain wigs out. Easy to find and check, should be 3.0V or better. Battery should be replaced every 4 to 5 years.
Lots and lots of watts...

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”