MSF-5000 TTRC- huh?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

w2pw
New User

MSF-5000 TTRC- huh?

Post by w2pw »

Hi. I have a number of MSF5000 CXB control trays. A mix of 5.29, 5.34(?), 5.37(?) and only one working with the 5.41 chip. I'm pretty sure I'd like to be on the most modern firmware, particularly since I have a favorite trick to change the station's frequency remotely by reprogramming the "spare output" and "external PTT" functions, and I think that needs the 5.41... SO- could someone please explain to me the following concepts? TMA! (too many acronyms!)

TTRC- meaning? role?

SSCB- meaning? role?

RSS version R05.21- the latest?

SSCB codeplug version #5- ?

TTRC codeplug version #5- relationship? is 5.29, 5.34, 5.37, 5.41 ALL in v5?

Can I simply clone a 5.41 eeprom (27512?) and swap them? I try just that, and get a TTRC checksum error. In RSS I saw "upgrade codeplug version"... What's that? Looks like on a station with 5.37 TTRC I see System version 1, SSCB version 5 and TTRC version 5

Does one swap the eeprom and then somehow tell the station it's legit? Are eeproms copy protected?

To use MRTI connection (per WA1MIK) as an analog repeater controller AND/OR data mode for D-Star, what frequently found onboard options, such as secure, might be removable?

Thank you for the education.

-Pres W2PW

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”