Zetron 4010

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

adamnfd202
New User
What radios do you own?: 1225LS, MCS2000, some KW

Zetron 4010

Post by adamnfd202 »

How difficult would it be to use a Zetron 4010 with a MCS2000 as a remote. At our dispatch center we had a Zetron 4010 connected to a Kenwood TK-7102H 4 channel through the 7102H's mic jack for dispatch the repeater is off site.

I want to hook my 4010 into the MCS2000's mic jack and use it for dispatching my crews. I have all the 4010 CPS, programming cables and programming cables for the MCS2000 as well as the CPS. Right now I have the MCS2000 setup as a base unit with a desk mic and an astron power supply with battery back-up.

Can anyone give me a drawing of the interface cables needed to connect the MCS2000 to the 4010 console? Insight on how to do this if any special cards are needed? I will have max 3 radios connected, my VHF, a back up VHF for the FD and a backup UHF for the FD. Im providing a back up location in my office for the small rural FD im a member of.
ADB....Thanks!
Jim202

Re: Zetron 4010

Post by Jim202 »

adamnfd202 wrote:How difficult would it be to use a Zetron 4010 with a MCS2000 as a remote. At our dispatch center we had a Zetron 4010 connected to a Kenwood TK-7102H 4 channel through the 7102H's mic jack for dispatch the repeater is off site.

I want to hook my 4010 into the MCS2000's mic jack and use it for dispatching my crews. I have all the 4010 CPS, programming cables and programming cables for the MCS2000 as well as the CPS. Right now I have the MCS2000 setup as a base unit with a desk mic and an astron power supply with battery back-up.

Can anyone give me a drawing of the interface cables needed to connect the MCS2000 to the 4010 console? Insight on how to do this if any special cards are needed? I will have max 3 radios connected, my VHF, a back up VHF for the FD and a backup UHF for the FD. Im providing a back up location in my office for the small rural FD im a member of.

Why don't you use the accessory connector on the MCS2000 for your interface? That way the mic can still be used if needed.

The big question is how far away from the 4010 will the radio be? The further you get, the more prone on picking up hum and noise on the mic audio when transmitting. If it's too far, you might be better off to use a tone remote for the control.

Jim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”