Newbie CommandPLUS questions

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fogster
What radios do you own?: XTS2500/5000, XPR7550/5550

Newbie CommandPLUS questions

Post by fogster »

I recently picked up an old Motorola-branded CommandPLUS console. Poking around, it seems like it's set up for 4-wire tone control.

I did some digging here and on Google, but I'm still not totally clear on what the deal is with programming, regarding CARD Suite with Motorola-branded consoles. What I've read suggests I need version 4 of the firmware, but I don't understand how to find the firmware version. At power-up, the version string is "CPK1H HOST4J MAST2M." I'm sort of guessing that the "HOST" bit is the firmware version, indicating version 4 (release 'J'???), but I don't want to buy something on an assumption. ;) What are the CPK and MAST numbers?

There's also an "OPT" line on the POST screen, which I suspect is short for "options." It shows 608, 825, 134, and 374. Any idea what those map to? The service manual doesn't seem to cover this at all.

Thanks in advance for any help you can give!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”