MTR2000 Locked Up Solid Red Light

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Birken Vogt

MTR2000 Locked Up Solid Red Light

Post by Birken Vogt »

I am working on a VHF 100 watt MTR2000 that keeps locking up with a solid red light where it should be green. Power cycling it makes it work for a day or so, then it will lock up again. It has no battery, AC only. The computer cannot connect to it when it is in this condition but when it is reset, the computer connects fine but the error log is cleared and nothing is in it but the initial boot. Antenna system is good. This started all of a sudden. Any ideas?

Thanks
Birken
Bill_G

Re: MTR2000 Locked Up Solid Red Light

Post by Bill_G »

We;ve had MTR's lock up intermittently. The solution was a new controller board / command board / whatevertheycallit board. We think one of our guys corrupted it once with a bad read/write cycle and it never fully recovered.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

create a new codeplug from scratch (from the templates) with your settings, and write it in. They don't like read-change-write, it corrupts the codeplug. Try that see if it works. I had one that was about 4 days from read-change-write to bizarre attitudes and random reverts to CSQ, fresh clean codeplug fixed it.
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block
d119

Post by d119 »

thebigphish wrote:create a new codeplug from scratch (from the templates) with your settings, and write it in. They don't like read-change-write, it corrupts the codeplug. Try that see if it works. I had one that was about 4 days from read-change-write to bizarre attitudes and random reverts to CSQ, fresh clean codeplug fixed it.
+1. I have personally seen this procedure cure some very strange problems on MTR 2000 stations. And I too experienced a CSQ revert. Not much fun.
thebigphish
What radios do you own?: AM/FM

Post by thebigphish »

I got that from a Schaumberg engineer on his lunch break. That CSQ revert got pushed so long, and so far that I ended up with the guy's cell phone #...
"How do you plan to outwit Death?"
"With a knight and bishop combination; I will destroy his flank.
" --Antonious Block

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”