Spectra Consolette

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

bertolinidives
New User

Spectra Consolette

Post by bertolinidives »

We are using Spectra 800 MHz consolettes with remote tone boards on a Type II trunking system, to provide multi-channel selection through a microwave link to a console providing tone control. We need to add three additional control stations to this console, but are having a terrible time finding Spectra consolettes. The customer has been self maintained and has the system key for the Spectras (and MCS2000, which I have been told are not available as consolettes). The customer has no key for any other radios than the Spectras and MCS2000 radios.

We cannot simply attach a tone termination panel to a Spectra mobile because of the proprietary channel selection protocol used. We cannot use a TTP made for a Maxtrac, etc. because they seem to be made for unique control devices and we are using tone control from the console. (I will add that the console is also capable of serial control of a radio) And, I don't believe the channeling scheme of the Maxtrac and Spectra would be the same. Tone remote XTL consolettes are available but the customer has no system key for XTL radios.

We need help with either:

1) Acquiring Spectra tone control consolettes
2) Help on creating a system key for the XTL mobile to be used on the system

Thanks in advance.
escomm
Queue Moderator

Re: Spectra Consolette

Post by escomm »

You can use the system key on the XTL.
RFguy

Post by RFguy »

escomm wrote:You can use the system key on the XTL.
What he said. Just set the preferences in the CPS to point to the system key.
bertolinidives
New User

Post by bertolinidives »

Thanks, guys! Have a great week end!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”