Motorola Nucleus transmitter service manual?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n4fox
New User

Motorola Nucleus transmitter service manual?

Post by n4fox »

A friend was donated a Motorola nucleus vhf setup to use for 2m ham repeater. He asked me to find him any schematics or a service manual as a pdf. Does anybody know where I could find that info?
d119

Re: Motorola Nucleus transmitter service manual?

Post by d119 »

Also moving this to the Infrastructure forum...

Have you visited repeater-builder.com and seen their information on the Nucleus amateur conversion?

http://www.repeater-builder.com/motorol ... ticle.html

Enjoy!
n4fox
New User

Post by n4fox »

I just looked over that page. Thank you. I will print that out or save it and give him a copy. He was more after schematics for things. He has it up and running on 2m repeater already.
d119

Post by d119 »

Most excellent. I don't know of any schematics or anything like that for the Nucleus. It was a modular FRU-based radio that when something broke, you pulled out the bad module and replaced it with a good one.

The Quantar station might be the closest thing you can get schematic wise, and even that's a hassle without a 68P81088E90 service manual.
kcbooboo
Batboard $upporter

Post by kcbooboo »

The Quantar is the closest thing. There are NO schematics of the power supplies since Motorola didn't make them. The backplanes seem to be the same. The Nucleus paging transmitters only had to deal with voice-range audio, no PL/DPL, so much of the circuitry to modulate the reference oscillator is missing.

I like to have schematics for things too. Ain't gonna happen with the Nuke. Nothing is field-repairable. Get used to it. Move along.

Bob M.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”