Quantar, no valid code plug

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

Quantar, no valid code plug

Post by mogman »

One of my Quantar repeaters took a lightning hit and I lost the control card (no TX mod) I purchased a used card and when I received it I tried to read the code plug so I could save it, (yes I am learning, slowly but learning)
I am running R014.10.00 RSS so I can maintain 5kc of modulation, the RSS said it did not have a valid code plug, so I wrote the saved "working" code plug into the new card and it looked like it took it but the radio would still not boot up and again the RSS said it did not have a valid code plug.
So I swapped my firmware/memory cards out and she came right up and works fine.
the old firmware was marked 020.10.001 the new was marked 020.10.009 ( I think the last digit is not real clear)
So I am wondering if it was a firmware issue or was the "new" card written with R014.11.00 or later RSS? I have been told one can not go back, also is there a way to force the code plug or reload the firmware?
Thanks!
mogman

Re: Quantar, no valid code plug

Post by mogman »

I looked it over real close and believe it is R020.10.008 and I have tried some other .008 firmware and it works fine, so I am no longer in any need for this to work, I am only to assume now that it had been written with later RSS or possibly defective. Thanks

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”