MTR3000 Audio PTT

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

CDCS
New User

MTR3000 Audio PTT

Post by CDCS »

Hi there,

got a question for ptt a mtr3000.

Is it possible to ptt the device via an external audio signal without an external device that gives a ptt signal?

I want to use the mtr3000 as a semi-duplex base station connected to an communications system via 4-wire that automaticly detects the audio signal from the system and activates the ptt function of the base station.

Cheers Chris
wavetar
Administrator

Re: MTR3000 Audio PTT

Post by wavetar »

Yes, it can be outfitted with a wireline card to allow for 2 or 4-wire tone remote operation, part# DLN6720A
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
Bill_G

Post by Bill_G »

I think he's asking for vox, and no, it does not do vox. You need an external box that detects voice, and turns it into a ptt that can be applied to the mtr.

OTOH, if you have a 4W circuit, does that have E&M? If so, then does your far radio have COR? If you have both E&M and COR, then the far radio COR can apply ptt through the E&M.
CDCS
New User

Post by CDCS »

hey, yes i was asking for an solution of external vox ptt for the mtr3000. any recommends for external boxes / circuits??
ve3nsv

Post by ve3nsv »

A simple R.I.C.K. controller will give you vox.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Post by PETNRDX »

Do you mean 4 wire tone remote?
If you have a "communications system" if it is a comm-center or something similar they probably use tone remote control over 4 wire.
If it has the above mentioned wireline card, you just need to set the programming for the correct tone remote functions.
Steve K.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”