CEB - DIU Interconnection

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Virginia Radio Tech
New User

CEB - DIU Interconnection

Post by Virginia Radio Tech »

I am trying to interface a DIU to the CEB but I am not familiar with the interconnection to the CEB cards.
- Is the connection between the CEB and DIU a V.24 connection that comes from a BIM or is an audio card also required? Is the output of the DIU (outbound to the external system) audio + MDC signaling?
- OR is the connection between the CEB and DIU an MDC + audio interface and the output from the DIU is V.24?

Which ever is correct, I would like to know the connections and if a BIM/Audio card pair is require for each DIU. Any interconnect diagrams you have would also be helpful.

Thanks!
wa6ylb

Re: CEB - DIU Interconnection

Post by wa6ylb »

The audio paths from a DIU3000 to any device are made with 4 wire connections - a pair for transmit audio, a pair for receive audio.
If your console can talk with a ACIM data path, then that needs to be connected to get the DIU to be commanded via ACIM.
Else, if your console doesn't have ACIM, then you have to talk to the DIU3000 as if it were a tone base radio. You need to tell the DIU3000 to use a function tone, and when it receives that function tone, what to do. For instance, you may have 1950 Hz function tone to tell the DIU to key the base on F1, analog transmittion. 1850 Hz may tell the base radio to use F2, in Digital transmit etc. There is a TRC table that must be built within the DIU3000 up to make this work.
B.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”