Quantar Power Supply CPN1047 Common Failure Modes?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

Quantar Power Supply CPN1047 Common Failure Modes?

Post by d119 »

Curious if anyone is aware of any common failure modes of the CPN1047 power supplies for the Quantar stations. Looks like I at least have a blown fuse inside of it, it's a soldered in, axial lead fuse. Is it as simple as replacing that, or is there more to it?

Looks like this station was subjected to an overheating condition in the building that it was in. The station itself is fine, the only thing that appears to have bit the dust was the power supply.

Are these fairly straightforward to repair, or is it better to just replace the entire supply? I believe this is a Rev. F supply.
motorola_otaku

Re: Quantar Power Supply CPN1047 Common Failure Modes?

Post by motorola_otaku »

Don't have a manual handy but the CPN1047 is a 24V 625W watt supply, correct?

The fuse you're talking about is on the AC input. There's also a picofuse on the 400V bus on the opposite end of the high-voltage board next to the ribbon connector socket. Check both of those. If they're both good and you don't get at least a power-on light then something else is bad on the high-voltage board.

Ping me later and I'll post up PDFs of the service manuals. The high-voltage board is common to CPN1047s and CPN1049s.
d119

Re: Quantar Power Supply CPN1047 Common Failure Modes?

Post by d119 »

CPN1047 is a 120V "AC High" power supply. This fuse does not appear to be on the AC input, its closer to the front, or "control panel" of the power supply. That one is blown.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”