Telex Unicast

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

pozy980
New User

Telex Unicast

Post by pozy980 »

I currently run a dispatch center that is using Telex C-Soft and IP-224 gateways. Everything is networked on Vlan 300 using multicast and I have a couple of the Telex IP-2002 units running throughout the company. I am looking to deploy two IP-2002 units at remotely locations. I am having some problems with Multicast running through the VPN and I prefer not to run Multicast through a VPN tunnel. At one point someone mentioned to me that I can setup the Telex to do uni-cast. I was looking at the IP-2002 and I can't figure out where to set that at. Can someone give me some insight..
Thanks.. Richard
wavetar
Administrator

Re: Telex Unicast

Post by wavetar »

I'm not an IT guy, at all, but a customer with a similar Telex system setup is using GRE to carry the multicast.
No trees were harmed in the posting of this message...however an extraordinarily large number of electrons were horribly inconvenienced.

Welcome to the /\/\achine.
ve3nsv

Re: Telex Unicast

Post by ve3nsv »

You can use Unicast if you just need two devices to talk to each other over a network. If you need multiple consoles / desk sets to talk to each other then Multicast is likely your only choice.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”