Quantar RX Fail light

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

tskilbride

Quantar RX Fail light

Post by tskilbride »

What exactly does the "RX Fail" light mean on the Quantar? I have a UHF R2 with it light up continuous. I even programmed it saying there was no receiver and it still appears. Station will receive audio through the internal speaker, but no transmit. I do not have any extra's to test to see if in fact the receive is bad.

Thanks for any input

Tim
Doug
Batboard $upporter

Re: Quantar RX Fail light

Post by Doug »

Read the station, go under service within the area there is an area for metering various stages.
If memory serves me correct P.A. is the first screen..... Look across the top of the screen and there should be various modules you can switch to. Check receiver one. I had one failing because of low voltage at osc1. My station was below 1/2 a volt. I want to say normal is somewhere around 5 volts.
As always ymmv
May the Schwarz be with you.
tskilbride

Post by tskilbride »

I'm showing OSC1 at 6.28v and OSC2 at 2.88v.

Tim
d119

Post by d119 »

Did you verify the station is programmed for internal reference and not external reference? What band is the station?
tskilbride

Post by tskilbride »

Since my original post, I obtained another UHF R2 receiver. Same issues. Using the 2nd receiver slot, everything works as it should. I don't need both receiver slots so I'm going forward using slot 2.

Tim

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”