Phone Line Eliminator

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

KennB

Phone Line Eliminator

Post by KennB »

Anyone know of any other products besides Carlson Trailblazer to eliminate a phone line to a remote site. Apparently ATT is dropping support for copper this year and we have several sites with tone control over phone line and no fiber to the sites. Wasn't sure if any microwave ethernet links could be used for tone control. One site would need a couple of lines.
PETNRDX
What radios do you own?: Too many

Re: Phone Line Eliminator

Post by PETNRDX »

If you are using tone control, you don't need copper. Only DC control needed copper.
I sure would not think they could drop plain leased line.
Then again, now days it seems like anything can happen.
I can see where they would make the cost painful, and that might make alternatives look pretty good.
Steve K.
d119

Post by d119 »

I would check again with AT&T. I know they are discussing dropping copper support, but more than likely they are going to do what Verizon apparently did, and sell it off to another company.

It's not doomsday like it sounds.
kb4mdz
What radios do you own?: Too many for the time I have.

Post by kb4mdz »

No, I've got some leased lines that I need to research a replacement for. Already been told informally by techs that support will be ending, sooner than I want.

That's OK, tho, because If I can put in a wireless system that I maintain, I won't have to depend on telco's 9-5 response time & lack of continuity between shifts. Then I won't have to deal with telco; I can run tests at my own speed. The last 2 iimes I've had to call in telco it's been close to 3 weeks of troubleshooting each time. A pox on them.
kt2728

Post by kt2728 »

They are starting to charge more them each month too. I had a hospital here tell me they were paying over 200 bucks a month for each leg of a dry loop pair right here in town.
Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't!

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”