Quantar no P25 mod OOB

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

mogman

Quantar no P25 mod OOB

Post by mogman »

Here I go again same problem I had with the Plus radio.
I have an R2 VHF Quantar, did the full alignment and it works beautifully down to 150 MHz, the C4FM test pattern gives a MOD FIDELITY of 1.2 well within specs and repeats with no issues.
Drop the TX frequency to 149 MHz or lower and nothing but turds, MOD FIDELITY goes to around 47 as in no P25 mod at all. it is still making full power just no P25 mod.
A quick search did not turn up anyone else complaining and I am sure tons are in 2 meter service so I am left stumped, maybe a firmware issue?
Station R020.12.034
exciter R020.09.017
CPS R14.10.00
mogman

UPDATE

Post by mogman »

Bryan, W9CR has informed me that the EPIC III SCM board I have in the machine will not mod P25 OOB, will try another tomorrow.
motorola_otaku

Re: Quantar no P25 mod OOB

Post by motorola_otaku »

Is it specific to the EPIC version, or the firmware? Firmware would be the only thing I could think of that would affect OOB modulation.
mogman

Re: Quantar no P25 mod OOB

Post by mogman »

It is specific to the EPIC version from what I understand, EPIC III SCM cards will not mod OOB.
I have now tried several different EPIC II cards with different firmware and all mod OOB OK

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”