Quantar 800 MHz, No Repeat Audio Analog

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Old School
New User

Quantar 800 MHz, No Repeat Audio Analog

Post by Old School »

I have 4 800 MHz Quantar stations. 2 have repeat audio, 2 have no repeat audio. From a Smart Zone system, now need only conventional CTCSS operation. I was successful in read/reconfigure/write and have 2 working and 2 with no repeat audio. I realize these are a fairly complex beast, what information do I need to gather from the good/bad to even post a meaningful question regarding the 2 that don't pass audio in repeat mode.

Thank you.
Old School
d119

Re: Quantar 800 MHz, No Repeat Audio Analog

Post by d119 »

IIRC there is a small IC on the station control board that goes bad and causes this... Search around here for posts related to that.
Astro Spectra

Post by Astro Spectra »

Try www.P25.io if the SCM is a '4094.
d119

Post by d119 »

Interesting website. Thanks for sharing that. It's nice to see that those critical repairs are documented somewhere.
Old School
New User

Post by Old School »

Thanks for the replies with excellent information, greatly appreciated. Phone book size manual on its way, lots to review.
Will advise findings when squared away.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”