R1225 and echostation

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

DFD1126

R1225 and echostation

Post by DFD1126 »

I recently acquired a GR400 UHF repeater (contains an r1225) that I intend to use with GMRS. I also have a Rigblaster Pro that I want to use to interface the repeater to my computer so I can use Echostation as a repeater controller. I haven't ever tried to set anything like this up before so I wanted to see if anyone had tried something similar to this and could give me any pointers. I've played around with Echostation and have a pretty good understanding of how to get it going so I guess my biggest questuon has to do with using the RigBlaster and the r1225. I assume that the radio uses the same pin out for the mic connector that most of the Motorola radios do so I correctly configured the jumpers in the RigBlaster but I am still unsure of the best way to set everything up as there are so many options. Any pointers would be appreciated. This is just a project that I've been wanting to do for a while to have some fun with. Thanks in advance for any help.
motorola_otaku

Re: R1225 and echostation

Post by motorola_otaku »

Interfacing is done through the 16-pin connector in the back of the R1225. The pinout is the same as any other 16-pin Maxtrac/GM300 radio.

COR defaults to active low but can be changed to active high in programming. COR, PTT, and the audio lines all share a common ground.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”