Low Band MICOR base questions

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Low Band MICOR base questions

Post by apco25 »

Identify this lowband micor base

C71-RCB3196D
TX FCC ID CC1123
RX FCC ID RCB-R103

FCC ID search page isn't working or I can't figure out the complex list of questions it wants answered to look up and FCC certification.

Anyway

Its a 4 channel RX, 100w PA with tone remote control.

its complete and working

need to know what split its on and if we can move it up to 45Mhz, was on 39mhz

I'm guessing its a 36-42 split most likely.

??????
"Some men just don't know their limitations"
Will

Post by Will »

Yup, 100 watt, 36 to 42 mhz station. Probaly won't squeek up to 45 without a couple of changes in the exciter, harmonic filter and receiver frontend, mostly cap changes on the tuned circuits. Because you are going UP in frequency you can remove a part of a turn from the coils. The parts listing gives a fair idea of the changes for the different "splits".
Mobiles and base stations use most of the same subassemblies. I moved a lot of Micors and Motrac/Motrans, and even T powers, down to 31mhz from the "4" split (42-50) in my days. Lots of parts changes.
apco25
What radios do you own?: APX / Astro 25 / Harris

Post by apco25 »

That's what I thought.

I'm probably better off trying to locate the correct band specific modules and swap them out vs replacing all the individual components.
"Some men just don't know their limitations"

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”