Quantro rack mounting?????

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

FMROB

Quantro rack mounting?????

Post by FMROB »

Hi.. I am really draining my brain on this one. This is a really stupid question.

Does any one have the moto diagram and parts list for rack mounting a "quantro".

I have the amp, power supply and 4 black brackets 2 big 2 small. I have no idea how this goes together. I have the radio mounted already, but the PS and amp are the problem here.

Thanks, Rob
batdude
Personal aide to Mr. Cook

Post by batdude »

do you have a quantro cabinet?

d
BRAVO MIKE JULIET ALPHA
"You can do whatever you want, there are just consequences..."
IF SOMEONE PM'S YOU - HAVE THE COURTESY TO REPLY.
xmo

Post by xmo »

In other words - if your station was in a cabinet and you are trying to rack mount it - you may not be able to get there from here.

There are different brackets for rack mounting. You would have 2 ea. 0785412U01 brackets for mounting the transceiver cage and one ea. 0784413T01 and 0784413T02 [left and right respectively] for mounting the power supply and P.A.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

It is going into a weather proof enclosure a.k.a outdoor cabinet (tessco style). It is a straight double rack type cabinet. In other words there are two doors, each side has rack rails in opposing direction.

The person who I bought this from said that it came out of a nucleus cabinet. So I am assuming that I might have all that I need, providing a nucleus cabinet is similar to the cabinet that I have.

If some one has a diagram or a detailed picture of this that would be great. I have some brackets, but they don't make any sense. It seems like something is missing.

Also, If I take a pic of what I have, maybe some one can post them for me so I can get some further help..

Thanks a million, Rob

P.S. I know that this is a stupid question, Unfortunately my service manual doesn't cover things like this... Not like the MSF manuals that cover rack mounting and cabinet options.
CTAMontrose
was grem467

Post by CTAMontrose »

if a nuke chassies will end up working for you, let me know.. i have one from a 900 high power nuke that was stripped.
FMROB

Post by FMROB »

Thanks for the offer. I think I got it. I went out and bought a heavy duty blank rack panel 10" high. I mounted the power supply directly to this panel using 3 1/4 20 bolts and it works out great.

I don't really care that the power supply doesn't nestle into the factory brackets because I have plenty of room to space everything out, so I am just using the power amp ears to rack mout that. It works out nicely, and for less than $20.00
motorola_otaku

Re: Quantro rack mounting?????

Post by motorola_otaku »

Oooold thread bump...

I am trying to go in the opposite direction - I have a 40W UHF Quantro currently mounted in a two-post rack that I need to move back into a standard 46'' Moto cabinet. What are the part numbers for the brackets used to hold the power supply and PA?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”