Quantar Cabinet

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

jmr061
was KB9KST

Quantar Cabinet

Post by jmr061 »

Does someone know the motorola part # for the cabinet that fits the quantar repeater and nothing else?

I am looking for one and haven't been able to come up with a part number for it.

Thanks

Jason
MSS-Dave
What radios do you own?: XTL5K, NX300, PD782, Spark Gap

Re: Quantar Cabinet

Post by MSS-Dave »

KB9KST wrote:Does someone know the motorola part # for the cabinet that fits the quantar repeater and nothing else?

I am looking for one and haven't been able to come up with a part number for it.

Thanks

Jason
I had to do this a couple years ago. I ended up calling parts ID at /\/\ and they were able to provide the P/N# 'cause I wasn't able to find it anywhere either. I seem to remember it was $250-$300 for it, think it was a 42" or 48" cab. If you need the rear rack rails, PM me. I have a set I never used for the Q-Tar cab.

Dave
jmr061
was KB9KST

Post by jmr061 »

The one I am looking for is the one pictured on the instruction manual binder. Its only a little taller than the quantar repeater itself, so about 12-15" not 40 something.

Thanks

Jason
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Quantar Cabinets

Post by Dan562 »

Jason,

I can't remember the Kit numbers for the Quantar cabinets but All of the following information is based upon /\/\'s Quantar Product Group's Engineering and is related to the equipment's Heat dissappation.

The Standard cabinet is 12" and all you can mount is the station itself, nothing more.

The 30" cabinet allowed the Station, 1 Astro TAC 2nd Receiver, the Standard Duplexers and/or some Ancillary equipment depending on size (Rack Units RU used).

The 46" cabinet allowed the Station, Standard Duplexers, and/or 2 Astro TAC Additional Receivers IF required or any Ancillary equipment depending on size (Rack Units RU used).

The 60" cabinet which allowed 2 Stations, 2 Standard Duplexers, 1 Telco Punch Block Panel and 2 Astro TAC Additional Receivers IF required or any Ancillary equipment depending on size (Rack Units RU used).

OR

A 60" cabinet which allows 1 Quantar station, up to 3 Astro TAC Additional Receivers, the Standard Duplexers and 1 Telco Punch Block Panel and/or any Ancillary equipment depending on size (Rack Units RU used).

I would agree with MSS Dave and suggest calling /\/\'s Enterprise (Land Mobile Radio) Marketing Group in Schaumburg or Parts I.D. Ask the /\/\ personnel the Kit numbers for the Cabinet, Mounting Rails, Mounting L Shape (Starts with a 07 Piece Part number) Brackets and the Torx Head Screws for mounting the vertical rails and additional brackets. These "L" shaped brackets allow the field service technical people to remove the Torx head mounting screws on the Quantar's Station Front Panel and allows the entire Quanter to slide out IF the metal chassis needs to be removed. These Mounting Brackets also improved the Quantar's station stability when physically moving the entire cabinet with the equipment mounted.

Dan
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

RUGGEDIZED CASE 4 RU DLN6601

This ones a little costly and is for transporting to different places
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

Quantar Cabinet

Post by Hartley »

Hi,

My book says the 12" cabinet is a THN6700A. Looks like GSA price on it is around $85 (at least, that's how much they give ya back if you don't want it :-) )

73 DE Hartley
N4DES
was KS4VT
What radios do you own?: APX,XTS2500,XTL2500,XTL1500

Post by N4DES »

Hartley wrote: My book says the 12" cabinet is a THN6700A.
73 DE Hartley
MOL advises that this item has been cancelled and can't be ordered.
Unless they have a replacement part # it may only be available
with the purchase of a station.
Hartley
Batboard $upporter

12" cabinet

Post by Hartley »

Hmmm,

The pages I'm looking at are dated in '96, maybe they've changed it... I'll keep looking..

Hartley
Dan562
What radios do you own?: Kenwood, Yaesu, ICOM, Motorola

Post by Dan562 »

THANKS Bruce 1807,

I had forgot all about those DLN Kits. In the Q104 /\/\ management wanted all of the Infrastructure's Quantar and MTR2000 Speciality Products Options and Kits turned into Standard Options and Kits. Now for the hilarious thought process /\/\ management used was, the /\/\ Dealerships Sales Personnel or the /\/\ Account Representatives would order these Options or Kits with a Standard Quantar or MTR2000 station or separately and the factory's personnel would include the DLN Kit in with the shipment. Then the Field Techs would have to install these kits and test them in their shops or at customer locations. :o :lol: :o :lol:

Oh, and if you develeped a problem (in the field) with the kits, um. err. ah, You were left talking with the System Support Center's Consultants who might have had the same information as you did. Those people could not come back to SP Engineers who originally developed the Options, Kits, Piece Parts and wrote the SP manuals because those SP Engineers were forced out of /\/\'s doors by the same /\/\ management. :roll: :o

I think there were 5 Different Ruggedized (OEM-ZERO) Case DLN Factory Orderable Options or Kits set up in ECAT. These covered the Quantar Base Station / Repeater, the ASTRO TAC Comparator, the DIUs, the ASTRO Modems and ASTRO TAC Satellite Receivers and multiple Access side panels for any application that you may need. These particular Options and Kits were even more interestiong for the Field Techs. /\/\ management decided not to include any Instruction Manuals or Mechanical Drawings (because it was too expensive and it would take too long to process) so the Field Techs are on their own. You received a Very Expensive Aluminum Case and a Bag of Parts! It reminded me of a Do-It-Yourself Erector Set! :o :lol: :o :lol:

Let's go a step further with these Options or Kits. When they were Factory Ordered SP Options, the factory's Assemblers and Test personnel had to include the extra hardware and/or software, a SP Engineer always had to be out in the factory watching the assemblers and test personnel that the Options and Kits were built and tested correctly. :o :lol: :o :lol:

This ones a little costly and is for transporting to different places
I think /\/\ has a saying that goes like, "/\/\otorola Intelligence Everywhere!" The only problem is, I haven't seen it yet! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Dan
d119

Post by d119 »

Contact me via PM if you need one of these cabinets, I think we have a couple of them floating around....
Bruce1807

Post by Bruce1807 »

This should bring back memories.
They are still in the ECAt and I can say I have had the pleasure of assembling one.

TRAVEL BAG, RUGGEDIZED 4 RU DLN6602
RUGGEDIZED CASE 5 RU DLN6604
TRAVEL BAG, RUGGEDIZED 5 RU DLN6605
RUGGEDIZED CASE 6 RU DLN6606
RUGGEDIZED CASE 8 RU DLN6608
TRAVEL BAG, RUGGEDIZED 8 RU DLN6609
RUGGEDIZED CASE 10 RU DLN6610
TRAVEL BAG, RUGGEDIZED 10 RU DLN6611
QUANTAR OR RECEIVER JUNCTION BOX DLN6623
RUGGEDIZED CASE QUANTAR CABEL KIT DLN6625
RUGGEDIZE CASE QUANTAR MOUNTING KIT DLN6626
RUGGEDIZED CASE DUAL ASTROTAC RECEIVER CABLE KIT DLN6627
RUGGEDIZED CASE DUAL ASTROTAC RECEIVER MOUNTING KIT DLN6628
kj7xe

Post by kj7xe »

I was out in the warehouse and remembered to grab a few part numbers in regards to this topic:

1583724R04
CABINET 30-1/4\" INDOOR
414.80 MOL

1582770T04
CABINET INDOOR KNOCKOUTS 30
$511.70 MOL

1583725R05
CABINET INDOOR KNOCKOUTS 60
$692.75 MOL

I believe vertical rails and doors are sold separately, but geesus they are expensive...
Casey KJ7XE
Mastertech

Post by Mastertech »

Any one else got one of these 12 inch cabintes? I need one for my repeater project. Thanks, Mark.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”