Centracom: Jumper settings for MDC decode on Aux I?

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

Centracom: Jumper settings for MDC decode on Aux I?

Post by d119 »

Hi Group,

Having trouble setting up MDC decode on a Centracom II+ Buttons & LED's system.

I installed an AUX I card above the BIM, ran the control cable from the AUX I card down to the MDC modem, and reprogrammed the CEB specifying the BIM in question as an RF Signalling BIM.

Added DCCM's to the OP position I want to handle the MDC decode, set the DCCM default display to "Unit ID".

Reprogrammed the CEB (Specifically the MDC modem and the TOMI), programmed up a portable with trailing MDC encode, tried it out, and no luck.

The DCCM sits there displaying "04B" and never changes.

The MDC modem and AUX I card relays click when the MDC goes through...

I spent the better part of 4 hours of my own time trying to get this to work (it's for a test/temp CEB we use when cutting customers over and its a fairly critical function so I need it to work).

I looked in the maintenance manual at the AUX I card and clipped the appropriate 0 ohm resistor jumpers and set the berg jumpers to what they should be for "Signalling", but it's still not working.

I tried reprogramming the CEB every possible way, still no go.

Tried a different control cable. Still no go. Tried different BIM's and MDC modems, nothing but "04B" on the DCCM display.

FWIW, the MDC ID of the portable is "D701".

Anyone have any thoughts on this? Does anyone have a WORKING system that they could either give me the jumper settings for the AUX I card or some detailed photos of it? (The jumpers can be confusing).

Any help appreciated. I know this is old stuff, but it's my favorite... And this is pretty much the last thing I need to do to complete the CEB.

Thanks!
d119

Post by d119 »

Figured it out, KB article to follow.
joshbrod
New User

Re: Centracom: Jumper settings for MDC decode on Aux I?

Post by joshbrod »

I am having the same issue. Did you ever figure out the jumper configuration on the AUX1 card?

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”