Quantro dual receiver question

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

wd9cms

Quantro dual receiver question

Post by wd9cms »

Hi,

I understand that the Quantro and Quantar repeaters can have a second receiver added. What I would like to try to do is add a second range 2 440-470 receiver to an existing range 1 403-433 Quantro repeater. What I would like is signals from either receiver to be repeated. The questions I have are the following:

1. Is this possible?
2. What are the problems associated with trying to do this if any?
3. Are there issues with receiver versions playing well together on the same backplane?

Thanks for the help!

Bill
Bill, WD9CMS
444.775 PL131.8/NAC293
927.900 PL131.9/NAC293
Astro Spectra

Re: Quantro dual receiver question

Post by Astro Spectra »

Have a look at:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... &t=78212&p

There may be other posts on the same topic, but this should be a good starter.
Last edited by Astro Spectra on Thu Nov 25, 2010 10:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
d119

Re: Quantro dual receiver question

Post by d119 »

This is an excellent question and one I have been pondering myself. I'll be interested to see the answer. Perhaps this post will help motivate someone into answering as there are now multiple people wanting to know.

I have the necessary hardware at my office to test this, I just don't have the time. If I find some time, Bill, I'll play with the configurations and see what I can come up with.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”