Anyone familiar with Plant Equipment Vesta Standard phone eq

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

d119

Anyone familiar with Plant Equipment Vesta Standard phone eq

Post by d119 »

Anyone familiar with the PEI Vesta Standard (comcentrex-based) telephone system? Commonly used for 911, etc.

Please drop me a line if you are, I have a few questions.
Bat3516
New User

Re: Anyone familiar with Plant Equipment Vesta Standard phon

Post by Bat3516 »

Yes- I'm familiar with it. What's your question?
op911
New User

Re: Anyone familiar with Plant Equipment Vesta Standard phone eq

Post by op911 »

Similar questions regarding the Comcentrex/Maars phone. I am installing this in one of our Fire District Headquarters I bought it off ebay. I can't find anyone that knows anything about them and Plant CML, Cassidian Comm of course no longer assists with these. We are wanting to use it as our primary phone system. If anyone has any knowledge of these systems please reply and I will go into further details.

Thanks
Karl NVW

Post by Karl NVW »

My first question is "Why would a Fire District HQ trust their telephone system to a bunch of discontinued equipment bought on E-Bay and being installed by someone who has no idea how to install, program, or maintain it?"
Karl - WA8NVW AFA5VB
SHARES + NCS
d119

Post by d119 »

Unfortunately I agree. The ComCentrex system is essentially the same back end as VESTA standard, however VESTA uses a PCI card in the computer to emulate the telephone, thus giving you CTI capabilities. This stuff is really complex and if you dont have the back end equipment, give up NOW.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”