Dispatch center furniture - pics needed

This forum is for discussions regarding System Infrastructure and Related Equipment. This includes but is not limited to repeaters, base stations, consoles, voters, Voice over IP, system design and implementation, and other related topics.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Pj
What radios do you own?: X9000 thru APX

Dispatch center furniture - pics needed

Post by Pj »

Task is to incoroprate 7-8 monitors in a 20x20ish room, with three workstations. I am looking to see if anyone here has pics available. We are in the first stages in planning out our new building, and things are going very fast with no notice and no budget.

I've been looking at wrightline and Watson, but with the amount of monitors, its not looking good for me to sell the idea of using proper equipment (its the state...and they are still claiming no cash!).

Total equipment:

7-8 monitors (17")
Three keyboards/mouses (might entertain switch, but I can't stand them)
Rackmount or portable CCTV control
4 CPU's
2 Full sized deskphone, one slimline phone
Consolette
Writing/desk area
Lowband radio. The original and non-complicated wide area interoperable communications system
Batwings21

Re: Dispatch center furniture - pics needed

Post by Batwings21 »

I'm not sure exactly what your dispatch application is, but check this out for your keyboard/mouse
http://synergy2.sourceforge.net/
I know a dispatch center that is actually using this on there CAD, 911 and Gold Elite pc's with no issues. Only issue is it requires them to have network connectivity between systems and a lot of vendors frown on this.
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Synergy works very well. Bridging networks doesn't... drop an extra NIC in the PCs and use a small switch to form a Synergy-only network for each OP.
Winger2002

Post by Winger2002 »

Are you up against a wall or are you in the middle of the room? Staples (I think) has single monitor wall mount brackets with pretty long arms for pretty cheap, might be able to do a cheap 4 monitor desk mount then wall mount the remaining monitors.

Personally I like watsons stuff if you can afford it.

Return to “Base Stations, Repeaters, General Infrastructure”