Minitor iii/iV out of band

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

fixanythingman72

Minitor iii/iV out of band

Post by fixanythingman72 »

Hello all, I have a Minitor iii I am trying to take slightly out of band, I can not change the split with the engineering mode because because its a two frequency pager, one of the frequencies i need is in the band the other is slightly out.

It is a 151-158.9999

the two frequencies I need are 151.475 and 159.885

the highest the software will allow me to go is 159.599

I have heard of being able to next edit the pps to change the band limits or hex edit the .dat file to change the frequency. I haven't had luck with either of these methods as I haven't found any great information to modify the minitor iv V2.1.0

any thoughts or directions would be much appreciated!
thanks!
pcleavitt

Re: Minitor iii/iV out of band

Post by pcleavitt »

If I am correct, the Minitor III will allow out of band programming - the software forces you to acknowledge you're programming out of band.
If that doesn't work, try programming each frequency in it's band - for example, program F1 in the correct band and then reset the bandsplit and program F2.
See if that works.
Philip C Leavitt

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”