Minitor V Squelch noise after transmission

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

modernmidnight
New User

Minitor V Squelch noise after transmission

Post by modernmidnight »

After every transmission there is a squelch noise from my pager. It last about .5 seconds. Is there any way I can change this in the engineering mode?
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor V Squelch noise after transmission

Post by SteveC0625 »

modernmidnight wrote:After every transmission there is a squelch noise from my pager. It last about .5 seconds. Is there any way I can change this in the engineering mode?
If you have and are using the Stored Voice Option, the open squelch is a feature. The radio holds squelch open for a predetermined length of time in case the dispatcher drops carrier between the tones and the message. Happens a lot. The length of time that it stays in open squelch can be adjusted without engineering mode. Go to the Model Options tab, and down at the bottom, the Reset Function is probably set to Revert N or Delayed N. N is the amount of time the radio is held in open squelch. It can be changed right there. If you use the SV option, lowering the time will almost certainly mean that you will not get a recording every now and then.

If you are not using SV, change it to Automatic or whatever other choice suits you.

If you installed the software correctly, there should be a programming manual in one of those folders that tells all about these settings.

Just a final comment: Everyone seems to want to fix stuff via engineering mode instead of learning the ins and outs of the regular programming. My advice is stay out of engineering mode unless you know exactly what you are changing and how it will affect the radio and the programming. 99.99% of the time, issues with these pagers can be fixed with programming, not engineering mode.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”