Minitor 2 Fixed Alert

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

Adamjhursh
New User

Minitor 2 Fixed Alert

Post by Adamjhursh »

Hello, first time poster here. I have a question about setting up a minitor 2 with fixed alert. I have no idea what exactly needs done to do it. The diagram on Batlabs really doesnt help me. I only ask because my fire department recently found a ton of minitor 2s and a amplifed charger. We would like it to alert at full volume, but we do not need the rest of the audio loud at all. Can anyone help? Thanks a lot

Adam Hursh
Gilt Edge Fire Department
bcooper

Re: Minitor 2 Fixed Alert

Post by bcooper »

It is fairly easy. There are 2 small solder pads on the circuit board that need to be jumpered to enable fixed alert. They are labeled as such. If you can't find them I will look for my service manual and upload a picture. Also, fixed alert only works on the pager itself. It has no affect when the pager is in the amplified charger. The volume control on the amp-charger affects alert and voice volume.
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Re: Minitor 2 Fixed Alert

Post by SteveC0625 »

bcooper wrote:It is fairly easy. There are 2 small solder pads on the circuit board that need to be jumpered to enable fixed alert. They are labeled as such. If you can't find them I will look for my service manual and upload a picture. Also, fixed alert only works on the pager itself. It has no affect when the pager is in the amplified charger. The volume control on the amp-charger affects alert and voice volume.
There is pic of the circuit board on batlabs. If you zoom in on it and center on the upper third of the pic, you will find the FX ALERT jumper point. No jumper = no fixed alert. Jumper = fixed alert.

http://batlabs.com/images/min2diag.gif

For the OP, with a low power soldering iron (35 watts only), carefully flow a tiny blob of radio/electronics solder between the two pads. (DO NOT USE PLUMBING SOLDER. It contains acid and will trash the circuit board.) If the distance between the pads is too great for a solder blob, use a tiny piece of solid wire and solder it to both pads. No solder beyond the edges of the pads.

If you are not comfortable with soldering, take the pager to someone who is. A radio shop, experienced HAM operator, or whatever.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”