Minitor 6 "UL Listed"

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

escomm
Queue Moderator

Minitor 6 "UL Listed"

Post by escomm »

So uh, why no more Factory Mutual IS rating? Costs too much to get? I didn't even know UL offered IS certification. Now I can go to bed, I learned something new today
FireCpt809
What radios do you own?: Alot..

Re: Minitor 6 "UL Listed"

Post by FireCpt809 »

Speaking of the Minitor 6.. It looks like it was not produced in a Low band version..
SteveC0625
What radios do you own?: CDM's, CP's, CM's, and more

Post by SteveC0625 »

FireCpt809 wrote:Speaking of the Minitor 6.. It looks like it was not produced in a Low band version..
A previous thread here, and one on RR have both discussed and confirmed that fact. There are several dealers participating in those discussions.

There is no low band version listed on /\/\'s MSRP sheet either:

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0BxAVX2 ... sp=sharing
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

Thanks for the input on the UL Listing guys
res6cue

Post by res6cue »

As far as I'm aware, Motorola has used UL to certify the Minitor pagers as IS going back to the III or IV. Certainly the IV, V and now VI were all certified by the UL, not FM. If you take a look at the spec sheets/brochures for each model it will show the UL certification. That's going back at least 12 years with the Minitor IV, maybe more.

I was under the impression that FM certifies transceivers, not necessarily receive-only devices like UL would. I'm no expert on the subject, but that's the sense I get.

Basically, nothing new here, you probably just never noticed that the previous models were also all certified by UL.
resqguy911

Post by resqguy911 »

FM is not running the show anymore guys.
http://www.tiaonline.org/news-media/pre ... bile-radio
"TDMA = digital and same great taste, half the bits"
escomm
Queue Moderator

Post by escomm »

res6cue wrote:Basically, nothing new here, you probably just never noticed that the previous models were also all certified by UL.
This is exactly what I was looking for, and you're right, I never knew FM didn't issue the approval, just assumed they did. It only comes up since the Oracle description for the 6's says "UL Listed" which could be confusing
loband
What radios do you own?: APX7500 plus too many to list

Post by loband »

Ok, ya'll made me check....All my pagers are UL, Minitor 2, Advisor Gold, BPR etc. The Nextels were FM but my current phone is UL. All the portables from the MT500 up to the APX are FM. As for the green dot question on other threads...it was for easy I.S. identification before going in a hazmat location and to let the user know they grabbed the correct matching FM battery. As for the M6...how many users will be in a hazmat location while waiting for a page? I suspect not many, only the ones who work in oil refineries and other industrial locations.

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”