How to Modify Minitor 3 Windows PPS band limits for Ham use?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

n6fnp
Batboard $upporter

How to Modify Minitor 3 Windows PPS band limits for Ham use?

Post by n6fnp »

I have a UHF Minitor III voice pager that I want to use to listen to Ham frequencies. It is an A5: (450 - 457.9999 MHz)
split.

I have the Windows PPS Version 1.8.1 (Sep 28, 2004) and can enter the Engineering mode to change the Band Split. The
big issue is that the next lower Band Split is the A4: (422 - 429.9999 MHz) which has a maximum that is lower than I need!

I would like to know how to modify the Windows PPS programming software so I can use the A5 Band Split and allow frequencies
down to 440 MHz to be entered.

I've done extensive research but have not been able to find anything that shows how to modify the software to do this.

If I can at least know how the PPS software represents the frequency limits in HEX, I can use a Hex editor to modify
the appropriate file.

If anyone can provide information on how to do this, it would be greatly appreciated!!!

-Thor

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”