How do I add a channel to a Minitor?

This forum is focused on discussing Digital and Voice paging equipment, protocol's, infrastructure, and Motorola specific hardware used. Please refrain from discussing different ways to monitor the digital paging systems due to the legalities of such.

Moderator: Queue Moderator

ffexpCP

How do I add a channel to a Minitor?

Post by ffexpCP »

Why does the digital/voice paging section of the forums show up and then disappear? I can't find it. Anyway…

I’ve read stuff about converting a one channel Minitor 3/4 into a 2 channel on here, but I’m confused. One way hints ant going into the engineering part of the software and changing the box for single/dual channels. Another way says you can dump a dual channel codeplug into it and it will work just fine. Yet another way says something about editing some hex stuff. I really don’t want to get into that.

What is the EASISET way to convert a one channel to a dual channel?

Also, anyone try to add a channel to a minitor 5?
tvsjr

Re: How do I add a channel to a Minitor?

Post by tvsjr »

Engineering mode is the easiest way, and it can be done on the 3/4 software and the 5 software. The 5 simply requires a bit more effort.
ffexpCP

Post by ffexpCP »

Thanks. The 3/4 sounds easy enough. I don't see an engineering part on the Minitor V PPS. What should I look for? I do have a 2 ch codeplug in the same band split, would it work if I write it to the one channel pager?
mattsca
New User

Post by mattsca »

how do you get to the Engineering mode in the mintor 3/4 and min 5 rss ?
ffexpCP

Post by ffexpCP »

On the 3/4:

http://batboard.batlabs.com/viewtopic.p ... lit=taipei

I have no clue about the 5. Anyone?
northstarfire0693
What radios do you own?: MTS 2000, HT 1250, MV

Post by northstarfire0693 »

What kills me is that it is said it can be done on the v, but when you ask no one will tell you how. Is their a reason for that. Please share the info.
Batwings21

Post by Batwings21 »

I don't have it, but its a current product and Moto reads these forums. If its posted for all to see, they will change the software so it won't work. Thats why v is harder than 3/4...
tvsjr

Post by tvsjr »

Possibly because I haven't had time to write up the mod yet? Most of us DO have lives outside this board, you know... and paying customers come first. If you'd like to pay my billable rates, I can probably get the info posted a lot quicker. PM me and I'll send you a Paypal account, k?
northstarfire0693

Thanks for the info..... I guess that would be a bad thing cuz big /\/\ reads the stuff..... Tvgr ( I guess I got it right ) I was not lashing out on you..please dont take it that way..Thanks for you imput..
northstarfire0693

tvsjr srry about the name screw up

Return to “Motorola Digital and Voice Paging”